10 Prophecies and sing-along

I don't know exactly how long I sat there crying, but after a while I began hearing voices calling out my name. One of the voices sounded like Annabeth, but otherwise I didn't recognise them.

"Hey!"

I stood up and turned around. On the other side of the rock pile stood a a girl around the same age as Annabeth and Nico. She had frizzy red hair that was an even bigger mess that Harriet's and green eyes. Her clothes, along with her hair, made me think 'Weasley' first of all. Her shirt was one or two sizes too big and stained with paint.

I quickly wiped away the tears and straightened my self, trying to look confident even though my face was probably still red from crying.

"Yes?"

She gave me a calculating look.

"You know your siblings are looking for you, right? Annabeth is getting worried."

"I can take care of myself, thank you."

The girl sighed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You're the new kid who goes to Harriet's school, Draco Mallow?"

"Malfoy."

"Malfoy, right. I'm-"

"You don't need to introduce yourself. With that hair and those clothes, you must be a Weasley."

The girl frowned and looked down on her clothes.

"You just called me a weasel? I gotta admit, that one was new."

"Not 'weasel', Weasley?! You know, the surname of the most poor of wizarding families?"

Apparently it was becoming a trend to laugh at me.

"Kid, I'm not a 'Weasley' either, I'm Rachel Elizabeth Dare and I am simply a mortal. Or a 'muggle' as I've heard the wizards call us. The only reason I'm at camp is because I'm also the Oracle of Delphi."

"Oracle?"

"I speak prophecies."

She shrugged. This girl sure was an interesting creature.

"So why are you here bothering me?"

Then she fainted. Well, not really fainted, I don't think. Her eyes was wide open and glowing, and where did that green smoke come from? Rachel started to speak with a different voice.

"The Son of Athena is searching for his home
A fatal secret will flee their catacomb

Towards war or peace the ancient people will move
The Lion shall speak truth when authority disapprove

Seven parts must be found and killed
For a daughter's fate to be fulfilled

The cursed Demigod shall take his last breath
When Poseidon sees his child live through death."

That was probably the most freaky poem I've ever heard. This was probably one of those prophecies she talked about. I couldn't make sense of the words and I still can't now if I am to be honest. I couldn't think straight, I was too freaked out.

Then she seemed to get her conscious back.

"Huh? Well, what did I say this time?"

"Um... I ...couldn't really hear you..."

That was probably the biggest lie I've ever told. But honestly, I was scared and confused by what she had said. I dare you to look me in the eye and tell me that you wouldn't have lied, or withheld some of the truth!

Rachel looked at me sceptically, but eventually she must've had decided to not pressure me about it.

"Draco?!"

The voice came from behind me. Turning around I saw a boy in his early teens come through some bushes. I recognised him as Peter [Something], should you feel bad when you can't really remember your siblings' surname but you just met them? He saw me and smiled, he was one of the more empathetic demigods at camp.

"Ah there you you are." He said with that Queens accent of his, one of the few American accents I can actually pinpoint. "We were getting worried, thought maybe a monster caught you."

"He is fine. A bit shaken, but fine. No monster has approached us."

"Thanks, Rachel!" He turned back to me. "Why don't we go back to the others? It's almost time for singing around the campfire."

On the way to the campfire I talked a bit with Rachel and Peter (who's surname I later remembered was 'Parker', by the way). They told shortened versions of their backstories. How Rachel was a mortal who could see through the 'mist', once threw a blue hairbrush on the Titan lord, and later on become the Oracle of Delphi. How Peter's dad and stepmom died when he was around six and he was raised by his aunt and uncle until his uncle also died. He came to Camp Half Blood when he was twelve, two years ago.

Reaching the campfire I could hear faint voices singing from the bottom of their hearts.

"Ah! 'I Am My Own Great-Great-Great-Great Grandpa', that one is my favorite!"

Peter smiled and dragged me the rest of the way to the others where we joined our siblings. Peter happily sang the rest of the song with all the other campers while I looked around searching for Harriet. She was sitting next to Nico a few feet from everyone else.

Harriet had mentioned a brother named 'Percy' a few times, but I was yet to see him. I was rather confident that they were the same kind of siblings as me, Annabeth, Malcolm and Peter. We shared the same godly parent, but had different mug- no, mortal parents. That probably meant that it was no guarantee that I would recognise Percy by his appearance. After all, while I was white blond with stormy grey eyes, my brother Peter had brown hair and eyes. People would most likely not guess that we were related. I looked around but didn't see anyone with features particularly similar to Harriet's. So I turned to Peter when the song ended.

"Parker?"

He looked at me a little confused.

"Um, yes?"

"I'm just curious. Potter mentioned having a brother, someone named 'Percy', earlier, but I haven't seen her hanging around with anyone other than Di Angelo and Snape?"

"Ah! Yes! Percy is currently out helping his friend Grover escorting a demigod to camp. I don't remember exactly where they went, but it was far away, so they will most likely be gone for a week or so since Zeus won't let him or anyone from his cabin board a plane."

I nodded even thought I didn't completely understand. Some son of Athena I am. I felt like I had spent the entire day being either upset or lost in confusion.

"Oh, and Draco?"

"Yes?"

"We're brothers, for Athena's sake! So, please, call me Peter. Okay?" He smiled at me.

"'Peter', okay."

There was another thing to get used to. I formerly referred to people by their surnames. Like for instance, I didn't call my friends 'Vincent and Gregory', I called them 'Crabbe and Goyle'. And they called me 'Malfoy'. That was not how it worked here.

But I decided to dwell on that later, and tried to sing along to 'This Land is Mino's Land'.