A few hours later Drew snapped Greyson. "Hello friend, I have arrived at your door. My sister drove me here."

Greyson took a deep breath and then opened the door. His parents snuck quietly around the corner behind him. "Hi Drew! This is my house. I cleaned it up just for you. Not that I don't clean it up any other time, 'cause I do, just not this well."

Greyson's father face palmed from the living room. "Ok kids, get inside the house. Dinner is being prepared soon."

Drew stepped inside timidly and looked around. He found himself so fixated on the red and black themed decor he almost forgot to talk. "Wow, this house is very organized. You clean well."

"Uh, thanks." Greyson laughed and patted Drew on the back. "Okay dork, go find a seat on the sofa and mom will give us our plates once dad finishes boiling the hot dogs."

"Thank you. I'll sit right here." Right as he sat down Drew's mom popped around the corner with two plates. 

"Ok sweetie," Greyson's mom looked at Drew, "I have some plain corn chips and some mild salsa if you're interested." 

"Thank you, I'll have a few corn chips." Drew looked down at his plate. Greyson also looked down at his plate, then over to Drew's.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, have you always eaten your food like this? You know, plain."

Drew looked up at Greyson and knocked twice on the arm of the sofa. "Yeah, basically."

"I could never imagine what that must be like. Does food taste bad to you or something?" Drew smiled at Greyson's genuine curiosity. 

"Well no, not exactly. It just tastes bad when it is mixed together, or when the texture is bad, or when the smell is bad. Taste is a very strong sense for everyone. Try to imagine what it would feel like if suddenly everything you ate was twice as strong or twice as textured."

Greyson bit into his hotdog to get some perspective. "Oh jeez. That would be intense. That explains your dislike of salt." Greyson's understanding made Drew smile. 

Greyson spaced out watching Drew eat. Drew is a very attentive eater. He chews almost methodically, and chooses where to bite each and every time. "This is a good hotdog." 

Greyson snapped out of his trance. "Oh, uh, yeah. It's.... it's just a regular hotdog. I don't know where I was going with that." This makes Drew giggle. "And I thought I was the dork." 

Greyson smirks. "Wouldn't it be boring to be the only weird friend? It helps if you have something in common." Drew smiled and bit into a corn chip. "Fair point."

Once they have thoroughly stuffed their faces, Greyson's mother walks back from the kitchen and grabs the plates. "Okay boys. I hope that was good enough."

"It was good. Thank you Greyson's mom." Drew looks at the lamp behind her attempting to appear to be engaged in conversation. "Thank you sweetie! Ok boys, go off to Grey's room now. Remember, leave the door open." 

"Okay momma, will do." Drew followed Greyson as he walked down the hall and turned left. "Here we are dude. This is my room." 

Drew put his hand to his mouth and whispered. "Why exactly do we have to leave the doors open? I'm unsure if you told me previously."

"Huh, I don't think we've actually discussed this rule. It's just a rule with sleepovers and visitors. I did somthing dumb that I'd rather not share my embarrassment over, and now they are going to watch me like a halk."

Drew walked in the room and took in a deep whiff of the air freshener. "It smells like masculinity fucked a lumberjack in here. Also you can't tell me you got in trouble and not tell me what you did."