Cards

Hello future Drew,

Yeah that's right, I'm trying to make a habit out of this. Will it work? No, probably not. But I'm still going to try. I have a sleepover with Greyson tonight. I'm bringing activities so I don't go mute all of a sudden and forget how to speak English. I really don't want to make things awkward. I just don't know how to act around other guys. I'm so used to being around the girls from cheer, when they're nice to me that is, which is rarely. The guys have never wanted to hang out with me before. I'm kind of an oddball. I have a feeling he is way better at being a man than me. I just hope I don't freak him out. Maybe face masks were a bad idea. 

"Rise and shine sweetie! I'm going to the grocery store, what kind of food do you and your buddy want for tonight?" Greysons mom and dad both stand patiently outside his bedroom door. 

"Hun, they're teenage boys. I'm sure they'll eat just about anything." Drew suddenly popped out of his bed and flung his door open.

"Actually, not in this case. Drew has a complicated diet." Greyson’'s father raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of teenage boy has a diet? Is he trying to lose weight or something?" Greyson's mom slapped him on the shoulder.

"No, not a diet, just autism." Greyson yawned. 

His dad yawned in response. "He's special needs? He did get permission from his parents right?"

Greyson rolled his eyes. "Do you even know what autism is? I wouldn't call him special needs... at least not in that tone. I actually think he might be emotionally smarter than me. I couldn't tell you much about the food restrictions though, I'll have to ask."

Greyson grabbed his phone from his bed and opened up snapchat. "Good morning. What do you want to eat later? My mom will grab something from the store." 

Drew rolled over in his bed, then smiled when he saw Greyson's message. "Do you guys have plain white bread and regular hot dogs? I think that's a safe bet." He yawned.

"You mean buns? And what do you put on your hot dog?" Greyson scratched his head.

"No, buns have too much crust on them. Also, condiments are unnecessary. I don't like them. Unless I eat the hot dog plain, then I can dunk it in ketchup, but the ketchup makes the bread taste soggy."

Greyson reread Drew's paragraph three times and then responded. "Sounds like a plan," with a thumbs up emoji at the end. 

"Ok momma, get a pack of plain hotdogs and a loaf of white bread."

Greyson's mother scrunched her face. "That's a bizarre request, don't you think? Do you want anything with it?"

Greyson thought about it for a minute. "You know what? I want nachos. Just grab plain corn chips and a jar of mild salsa. I have a feeling he might not touch it but I'm going to play it safe anyways." 

Greysons father walks up to him and ruffles his hair. "You're a good friend Grey. Now go make yourself decent, you have morning breath."

Greyson sighs. "Dad! Please don't insult me when Drew is here. I beg of you."

"I won't. That's why I'm doing it now." Greyson rolls his eyes.

Dear anxiety medication, cough, I mean Diary,

My sleepover is in a few hours. I'm about to spend the night with a guy at my house that isn't a football player or someone I'm doing a school project with, so this is new. I don't know why I'm so unreasonably anxious. I literally just spent multiple days with him in the hospital, and he's just another guy. The only difference is that he's not from my school. I'll be fine. It will all be fine. I showered, cleaned my room, vacuumed, and alcohol wiped all the tables. Maybe I went a bit overboard, but I'm fine. Everything is fine. Fine I say! Ha ha ha, not freaking out at all.