Chapter One

S3E1: Suzie, Do You Copy?

"Okay now this is my shit." Jace said, hopping up from the bed and turning the radio up as "Keep On Loving You" started playing. Jace then stepped back, slowly dancing to the romantic song as the lyrics started playing.

"You're such a dork." Max said, sitting up on her bed as she giggled at the boy dancing. "Yeah but I'm your dork aren't I?" Jace asked, taking the girls hand into his. "Come on! Dance with me!" he begged, putting a frown on to his face to try and convince her. Max rolled her eyes, finally giving up and playfully  groaning as the boy pulled her on to her feet again.

"You always listen to this don't you?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck while Jace wrapped his arms around her waist softly.

"Well duh, this is our song now." Jace said, tucking a strand of hair behind Max's ear so he could fully see her face which was now bright pink.

"Alright I think I can accept that... you are my dork so..." she said with a giggle, laying her head against his chest as they swayed to the slow paced music.

"I don't wanna sleep, I just wanna keep on loving you." Jace started singing playfully, causing Max to burst out into laughter. "What you don't like my singing for you Mayfield?" Jace asked jokingly as Max kept laughing.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." she said jokingly, looking back up and gently pulling his face down to place a soft kiss on his lips.

The two had been dating for about 6 months now and were as happy as they could be. They rarely got into arguments, and if they did, it would all be resolved by the end of the night. Neither of them could see each other or themselves with another person, it was a perfect match.

Jace slowly pulled away from the kiss, caressing his thumb over the girls cheek as a smile creeped on to his face again. "Come here, you." he said, pulling the girl into a hug as he fell back on the bed, holding her close. Max laughed, soon cuddling up to Jace, laying against his chest with her arms wrapped around him gently.

Jace exhaled deeply, running his fingers through the girls hair as he smiled brightly, "You know, as long as it's been, I still am speechless every time we're together." he explained, looking down at Max to see her reaction.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one." she said with a small giggle, nuzzling her head into his chest, relaxing as her hair was played with. "Can we just stay like this forever?" she asked, looking up at him with puppy eyes.

Jace smiled, looking down at her with a chuckle, "I wish- we need to get going soon though. Remember we're going to see that movie with the others at 6- holy shit it's already 5:15!" he said sitting up, carefully moving since Max was still laying on him.

Max soon got up, practically jumping out of bed, scattering through her closet. "Shit, we need to get ready... god- why is it so hard to find an outfit?" she questioned, finally grabbing a striped shirt with a red cover up and jean shorts. Jace grabbed a yellow and white striped button up with ripped jeans, rushing down the hall and into the bathroom.

After he was clothed, he knocked on the door to Max's room, entering as she gave him the okay to come in. "Ready to go?" he asked, slipping on low top vans. Max nodded, walking up to him, slipping her hand into his as they walked to the front yard, hopping on their bikes.

Just before summer started, a new mall opened up called Starcourt. It was the gangs favorite place to go, especially considering Steve worked there now. He always let them sneak out back to get into movies for free and hooked them up with some free ice cream every now and then. Jace loved his alone time with Max sure, but he always missed his best friends and he knew Max did too. They both agreed they wouldn't be like Mike and Eleven who couldn't stay away from each other for 2 hours. That would just be terrible.