Chapter Six

S3E6: E Pluribus Unum

Jace stared at the lights, his stomach seeming to sink to the floor as everyone huddled together. He felt something grip his hand, the boy looking down to see Max's hand interlocked with his.

Will slowly grazed his fingers on the back of his neck, a slight shiver running down his spine as his eyes widened, "He's here..."

With those words, Jace wanted to vomit. He thought they were actually making progress, that they would be safe here... but no, of course they were being followed.

As if everyone had the same exact mutual feeling, the group walked towards the elevator, despite the yelling from the lady at the desk. They had to make sure Nancy and Jonathan were okay, especially with the muffled rumbling coming from a couple floors up.

Once they finally reached the elevator, Max didn't hesitate to press the up button for the elevator.

Nothing.

She continued to spam the button but there was still nothing. She turned around, shrugging to show that the elevator was getting them no where.

"Stairs." Mike simply said, the entire group nodding before sprinting down the hall and towards the stairs.

As the group ran up the staircase, their steps echoed through the empty halls until they finally reached the next floor up, noticing Jonathan trying to break through one of the windows to a room. Eleven took the lead, the others following behind her before she burst through the door.

The sight was absolutely horrific, this was nothing like the demogorgon or the Mind Flayer. This was worse, this was absolutely terrifying. It was a 6ft creature, standing above Nancy which seemed to be made up of trash, body parts, and guts. Literal guts.

"Jesus!" Jace screamed as his eyes widened and his stomach turned.

"What the fu-"

Max was cut short by a loud, ear piercing roar from the disgusting creature, causing the boy to cover his ears with his hands, his head starting to hurt from the loud sound.

The monster then charged towards the group of kids, it's loud roar filling the air until Eleven suddenly screamed, throwing her hands forward. The creature was thrown across the room and up and down, getting beaten up by Eleven until she finally threw it out the window and into the parking lot.

"Go!" Jace screamed, Jonathan running towards Nancy while the younger group of kids ran back down the stairs and into the hospitals parking lot where the creature was now a liquid like substance, crawling into one of the drainage pipes, disappearing just to leave a single bone behind.

The group along with Nancy and Jonathan were now at Hoppers cabin, sitting out in the living room and rummaging through the kitchen as Eleven sat in her room, trying to find any of the Flayed victims in the void. Jace was sitting on the couch with Max beside him, his arm wrapped around her shoulder as she leaned against him, while Lucas sat on the recliner chair and Mike standing in front of them all while the others were in the kitchen going through the phone book.

"It can't be good for her to be in there for this long." Mike said, causing Max to almost instantly tense up in Jace's arms, while Lucas was still looking through one of the magazines he found.

"Mike you need to relax." Jace said, rubbing his thumb over the back of Max's hand to try and reassure her and keep her calm.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike argued, now starting to pace the room like he always did.