"Woah, this is pretty," I said in awe. The moon sat directly atop the lake from our view, and it created a reflected line that sat on top of the little lake and ran all the way out to as far as we could see of the Great Lake. It was truly peaceful at this time of the night; it was silent and only lit up by the moonlight. I took a deep breath and appreciated the moment of peace in comparison to all of the stress that had been whirring around my head those past few days.

"Just like you," Fred said from the side of me. I looked up at him, ready to hit him for his teasing, but from what I could see of his dimly lit face - he wasn't joking around.

We held eye contact for a long moment, and before I knew what was even happening, he was leaning down and closing his eyes before softly pressing his lips against mine.

I closed my eyes and let his lips brush against mine before I realised what was happening and the confusion hit. I placed my hand and pushed against his chest, not very hard but strong enough to push myself backwards and off of him, resulting in me bumping into George's chest. I stepped away from George and looked at Fred with a confused look, portraying how utterly bewildered I was.

"What- you- I um". I couldn't even get a full sentence out.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it," Fred said while scratching the back of his neck. "That's what we wanted to talk to you about".

"We?" I asked, turning to look at George with an even more confused look. He just nodded at me.

"You both - both of you?" I asked, still way too confused for my own good.

"Yeah," Fred said. "I know it's a lot, we just really wanted to tell you that we both like you".

"Really like you," George added.

"Both of you?" I asked, still in disbelief.

"Yeah," Fred said.

How could both of them like me? There were two of them. Two. How the hell would that work? They were brothers. Brothers!

"Like me?".

"Yeah," they both said at the same time.

"And just with the holidays coming up and the dance, we were just wondering if you-"

"Both of you?" I asked again, interrupting him.

Even if it was fine that there were two of them, and that they were brothers, I didn't even know if I liked them. After all of the bugging from Hermione and Ginny, I always shut down the idea. I loved them so much, but I had never considered the idea of being with them in that way.

They both nodded. "I mean, it's been for a pretty long time. We always kind of talked about how sweet and cute you were but this year we both started to have much stronger feelings, like scary strong," George said, chuckling a bit at the end.

Fred nodded and said, "And we both like you way too much for just one of us-"

"You guys," I interrupted him. "You guys, I- I just- I can't, I'm sorry. I just-" I didn't know what to say. I took a couple of steps back from them, heading back towards the castle. "I'm sorry, I'm just- I'm so sorry," I said before turning around, pulling out my wand and murmuring 'lumus', and quickly speeding back to the castle, not being able to bring myself to turn around to see the two heartbroken boys that I left behind me.

Oh god, I thought to myself. Oh god, oh god, oh god.

I loved them. They were two of my best friends and I had no idea what I would do if I lost them. They were hilarious and so much fun to be around, but they also always treated me so well. They were so sweet to me, always treating me as if I deserved the world.