Why Me?

Kat's POV

So far Trent and I have been driving for two hours which makes me worried but we have been having a lot of fun. I learned that he is originally from Miami, Florida but grew up in Arizona because his parents split up when he was little so he lived with his dad. His parents did in fact pass away when he was fifteen and that's when his depression started but he has been living with his aunt now since he was released from rehab. Trent's favourite colour is black which doesn't surprise me but he did say he liked orange as well, he used to play football as a quarterback for his high school and he was team captain of the soccer team so he's really fit. I finally feel normal!

"Who's your best friend?" Trent asked looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"It used to be Nathan which is a guy who I grew up with but we aren't talking and won't be for a long time." I blurted out without really thinking.

"Why?" Trent quizzically asked.

"That's two questions mister. It's my turn now." I sassily replied.

"Fine be that way." Trent frustratedly grunted.

"First crush?" I asked.

"Hilary, a girl I met in England." Trent said whilst blushing. Who was she though? I never met a Hilary, weird.

"What happened with Nathan?"

Sighing I decided not to hold back...

~

Nathan's POV

I drove all the way to Katie's house and without really being aware I burst through her door though instead of finding Katie I found Luke and Brendan, both looking ticked off. I barely got in the door before both brothers and seeing me didn't ease their expressions.

"How dare you show your face around her! You were supposed to keep her safe not make her miserable!" Wailed Luke looking ready to beat me up. Confused I took a step back holding my hands up in the air. What was he talking about, Katie seemed fine not miserable but not exactly happy either.

"Guess what! She took all her anti-depressants but they were supposed to last her another month and since then she hasn't been taking them. Do you know what the means?" Brendan nearly screamed.
What was he talking about Katie has been fine not suicidal, at least not in my opinion but it's not like I was helping. I was a horrible friend both to Luke and Brendan and to Katie. That's when I realized something...

"Where's Katie?" I asked. "Also how do you know it was a suicide attempt?" I eagerly questioned.

"We don't know where she is but we know she met up with a friend from England because she's been writing in her emotions journal which her therapist has said we should do just to make sure she isn't having a relapse." Luke exclaimed clearly frustrated. I just couldn't believe it, why didn't she tell me anything but then I realized why would she tell an idiot like me her feelings when I ran from my own.
~*~*~*~*~*
New Update!
I can't believe there is 1000 reads! You guys are truly amazing! Sorry for the shortness of this chapter but I have some ideas for the next couple that I hope turn out okay!
Next Update: Kat returns home but she doesn't want to deal with what's there. Also a dream may turn into reality!
Love you guys so much! Thanks for the support!
bookworm