Blackmail? or just a deal?

(I feel like this chapter feels off, but it might just be I'm always tired.)

The next morning Y/n is once again seen in his lab messing around with some portals he created. Currently he was trying to one, theorize if living things could be inside the void, and the effects. And secondly, he's simply trying to get his mind off last night's events. Y/n suddenly gets a new idea, possibly, the most stupidest idea he's ever had… but, scientist, should be allowed to be stupid for once.

Y/n raises his arm out, as a portal opens on the floor in front of him, and another one opens directly above it on the ceiling.

Y/n: … For science.

Y/n then hops into the bottom portal. He then falls through the top, then the bottom, then the top, bottom, top, bottom.

Y/n: AAHAAHHA!!!

Y/n is still seen falling through the portal, when suddenly someone walks past the lab to hear his screams. Jennifer sticks her head in to see Y/n falling through the forever hell he had accidentally created. She-hulk panics a bit before running over to him. She tries to reach for him, but with the speed he's going, he'll definitely drag her down with him. She then gets an idea and reels back her fist.

Jennifer: Sorry Y/n, this might hurt.

She then punches Y/n midfall, knocking him out of the loop, and into the wall. 

Y/n: … Oh hey Jennifer.

Jennifer: Hey Y/n.

Y/n: ...That hurt.

Jennifer: *giggles* Sorry about that, couldn't think of anything. So how long were you falling?

Y/n: What time is it?

Jennifer: It's 1pm?

Y/n: It's been an hour. Wait, where's everyone else? Should someone have stopped me sooner?

Jennifer: Oh, uh Cindy and Kamala were watching anime in the living room the whole time. Laura has been in her room all day. 

Y/n: Oh...uh, what about Casey and Nat?

Jennifer: Hm? Oh, they left. Natasha had important business to attend to, and she wanted Casey to come along.

Y/n: What? Seriously she didn't tell me anything?

Jennifer: I don't know, she wanted to check something first before she tells you what she knows.

Y/n: I guess that's fair. Welp, I guess you're gonna have to help me then.

Y/n goes to his terminal as Jennifer looks at him confused.

Jennifer: Help you?

Y/n activates the terminal, and then opens a hologram showing the current rookies.

Y/n: Well, Since you guys will be taking the spots of the Avengers, I needed to know who assigned who. Laura assigned herself, Kamala and Cindy were found by S.H.I.E.L.D, and you were assigned by Dr. Banner, right?

Jennifer: Yeah, he's my cousin. He said I should enlist into the Avengers.

Y/n: Alright.

Jennifer: Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah what's up?

Jennifer: Why aren't you on the team list?

They look at the entire roster, as all the new Avengers are seen on it, except for Y/n.

Y/n: Oh… uh, I'll fix that later. Nothing to worry about. 

Jennifer: Alright? Well, I originally wanted to tell you that I don't exactly need this training.