Chapter Six

I wake up to a gun barrel being pushed against the right side of my skull. I could give up and not wake up another day to be dragged around by this stranger, but, I would leave Lucas. He would get depressed and I would not be there for him. If I could just see little Tom's face again, I might feel whole again. The gun pushes harder on my skull as if it is trying to put me back into the depression that is slowly sinking in. It feels like it is trying to push the depression in harder to make it sink in quicker.

"You need to wake up Becca." I hear somewhere off in the far distance. 'Am I dying?' I ask myself as my eyes flutter open to the blinding light of the Sun. 'Nope'. "Alrighty then, we got her up now." I hear a strange new voice say as the gun drops from my head. I look around and find the source of the voice, I turn to see a man in about his late twenties with piercing blue eyes, the color of a deep ocean blue. his hair is a tad shaggy but probably because the BLAST closed all of the barber shops in this town. 'Wait, what town are we in now?' I ask myself.

"Welcome to Sherville Becca!" I hear Lucas tell me next to the strange man. "We are currently in Arkansas right now." the New Man says. "And your name is?" I ask before he can say anything to stop him from saying any thing else. "Right, that would be important now wouldn't it?" I nod. "My name is Adam." He says and smiles. His smile must be contagious because Lucas grows a smile and I start to smile too. "So where is Pushkin?" I ask sitting up a little straighter. A loud pop erupts from my neck and we all laugh. ohhh, it feels so good to laugh right now. All of the pain and sorrow just get washed away by once simple sound. I never thought it could happen.

Once the laughter died down Lucas stood straighter to open his mouth to speak. Adam was the first to talk though. "Rebbecca, Pushkin is out in the nearest neighborhood gathering followers. he wanted for when you woke up, to come and find him." Adam tells me. "Alright, lets go find him then" I say getting up.

We walk into the nearest neighbor hood called "Hoovers Landing".

"Well, now we just need to find Pushkin." Adam says casually. "So, do you know Pushkin personally?" I ask Adam.