Chapter Seven

We race down Susan St. down to the sky blue house on the right as the screaming and shouting gets louder. I can hear Pushkin shouting something. We reach the house, panting like dogs after playing fetch for hours. The front door is, well, covered in blood and broken off of its hinges. 'Whoever thought doors could actually stop someone.'  A scream erupts from what sounds like a small child. Then three gunshots sound as we enter the room of the source of the screams. A child, probably the age of five, sits against the wall with a pool of blood accumulating around his bottom. Pushkin is at the other side of the room with his gun still pointed at the now dead child and the gun is still smoking. 

"Alvright!" Pushkin booms after a few seconds of silence. He lowers his gun. "Ve need to kill the parents vow." He says softly. "ARE YOU CRAZY?" I yell at him. "No, just trying to survive." Pushkin says like nothing bad will happen. "Couldn't we get them to join us? hmm? Maybe they will be less inclined to try and kill us." I say frustrated. "I could. Oh vait, I killed their son! Do vou think they still want to join me if ve killed their son?" He asks in the same tone. "WE? We? since when did we kill their son?" Lucas shouts, erupting like a volcano. "Vou valked in-" I cut him off, "STOP!" I yell and all three of them look at me. "Lets just get this over with, shall we?" I ask in a sarcastic gentle tone. They all nod, except Pushkin, and walk out. I follow behind with quieter steps. 'Why do men have to be so loud?' 

We walk through the house looking for the adults and end up in the basement to find a girl about my age with her parents huddled in the far corner. There is a twinkle of fear in their eyes as I stare at their pale faces, scared pale faces. I bet they know their fate, they could definitely hear us shouting upstairs. I hear them whimper as Pushkin shoves a gun in Lucas' hand. 

"Shoovt the girl." Pushkin tells Lucas softly. Lucas raises the gun and the family yelps and snuggles closer together. Lucas' finger hovers over the trigger, his hand is shaking like an earthquake. "Just shoovt the damn girl alvready!" Pushkin yells at Lucas, Lucas freaks out and pulls the trigger. The parents scream and retract from their daughter. The mother is sobbing now and looks at me with tears streaming down her beautiful face. 'I am sorry' I mouth to her. Pushkin walks over to me and shoves thegun in my hand. 

"Kill thavt vomen." He orders me. "'It's kill or be killed.'" I think to myself as I raise the gun and aim at the women's head. I take in a deep breath and pull the trigger. BOOM. The mother lays on top of her dead daughter, deceased. I lower the gun and Pushkin takes it from my shaking fingers. Pushkin walks over to Adam and shoves the gun in his hand. 

"Put the man out of his misery." Pushkin spits at Adam. I just want to choke Pushkin till his neck is crushed to the size of an atom. Even though I just met Adam, I do not want to see him bullied like this. Adam lifts his gun up, and aims. One last whimper comes out of the man and Adam shoots. The man falls on top of the woman, deceased. 

Pushkin walks out of the room silently. I decide to follow as well as the boys. It has only been an hour and we have killed four people including two children. Pushkin goes outside and walks out of the nieghborhood to the car. All of us hop in, and drive farther south, to claim more lives.