Chapter Four

Chapter Four

        "Now get up." Pushkin spits at me. "I veed to gather up more vollowers so we can vreach D.C with no 'arm done." i slowly stand up lifting my head from my hands and turn to Pushkin. "What do you think you will find in D.C?" i ask. "it probably looks like this and if you are going to the president, you'll never find him. i bet he is in his underground bunker with my older brother Andrew who is a Nuclear engineer for the government." i say a bit on the sarcastic side. he points his gun at me. "vour brother, Andrew, is the vreason America is dead!" he almost shouts. "vhy do children have to be so ignorant?" he says just loud enough for both Lucas and i to hear him. i decide to keep my mouth shut and just follow this guy so i don't get killed cold-blooded. 

        Lucas walks over to me and grabs my hand. i look up at him and he whispers to me, "everything will be okay. we just need to follow his orders and maybe he will set us free." he says and i look over at Pushkin who has half of his body emerged into the dirt/rock hut. I turn back to Lucas and peer into his eyes. "okay" i whisper back.

        "Hey! uh, vhat day is it?" Pushkin asks scooting out of the dirt hut. "the ninth of September." i reply. "well then, young woman. it looks like you are going to miss vour fifteenth birvday." he says grinning in victory i see when he finally gets out of the hut, still. 'he's right. my birthday is in three days. but what does he mean by 'i'm going to miss it?' "vour going to vollow me, and vour going to be my soldiers that make sure i don't get killed on our vay to D.C. Ve vill pick up more soldiers on our vay to Pennsylvania so vou have less ov a chance to get killed, lovebirds." he adds in a whisper just loud enough for both of us to hear him. "but virst! I vill show vou the Gateway Arch that has just veen demolished by "The Blast". And vou vill not speak on the vay there."

                                                                                                                                                                                                        ***

        it was certainly a long walk to get from our hut to the national land mark that took about seven years to build if i can recall from eighth grade when we learned about it. on the way there it was definitely hard to not talk to Lucas and point out to him that you could not see the Gateway Arch from the entrance to the city on the south side where we live. but that was not the hardest thing for me to go through. i had just lost my little brother without knowing a cause to his... oh i do not want to say it. the world has just ended twice for me now. so yeah, i guess it isn't so hard for me not to talk to Lucas because i am building up barriers in my mind to keep me away from others, losing your brother is hard for everyone, even if you hate him so much for being a brat, or annoying. you still love him no matter what you have or he has done. some just climb over the barriers they build after something bad happens to them, but my barrier just turned into a brick house with no doors or windows. i am now just an orphaned, only child. as far as i know, my mother is definitely dead after that man came into our house and my dad is most certainly dead as well as i see his car sitting on I-44 along with numerous other vehicles the have toppled over from the massive shock wave the Nuke created. luckily there are no overpasses from here to the city so there would not be a bridge collaspe.

        "Ahh, you know i have been in that house ever since that Nuke or "The BLAST" happened. do you know who lived there?" he asks out of nowhere as he turns to us and starts to walk backwards. "i thought we were not able to speak." i hear Lucas say next to me. "vou vill only speak iv i speak to vou." he spits at us. "fine," i start with a sigh. "that was my home that you were in." and it hits me again with realization 'This man must have killed my mother, taken our food, my dad's hunting weapons'  i think. so many things buzzing in my head. first it was the end of the world, than my brother went missing, and now i know both my mom and my dad are dead.

We are Nomads (The BLAST fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें