(13) The Wrath of Officer Rayner Linehan

The car was silent and that was worse than him yelling. I wanted him to shout and tell me how wrong I was for sneaking out. I wanted him to tell me I'm dumb and that I can't leave the house ever again. Something, anything would be better than this uncomfortable silence. I couldn't take it anymore I was going crazy from the anticipation.

"I don't want to yell at you Tori." He began almost as if he'd read my mind. I gulped, I knew he had to be so angry with me. "What are you wearing?" He gripped the steering wheel tightly. I pulled my jacket tighter, I didn't know what I was thinking tonight. Hell I wasn't thinking.

"What in the world were you doing in Knoxville?" He was still calm, but the disapproval was apparent in his voice. Wait did he just say Knoxville?! "Don't you know how dangerous this place is? You could have been killed or worse." What is worse than being murdered? I didn't want to think about what my stupidity could have done this time. "Are you just gonna sit there or are you going to answer my questions? Should I continue?" I looked at my hands ashamedly.

"I came with a friend... to a party." I admitted. No point in lying I was already in deep shit, how much worse could it get? I had to tell the truth and come clean.

"A friend." He spoke with little amusement. "And did this friend happen to be of the opposite sex?" I sighed, maybe I should rethink the whole lying thing. He glanced at me giving me a look that I could not ignore.

"Yes." I spilled feeling like a bag of smashed assholes. Why did I let that dude talk me into this, it was all a big mistake. He shook his head at me with disbelief.

"And just how do you know this guy?" He questioned further. I already knew what he was going to say. No need to go on.

"I met him in detention." He laughed at my response making me wince. Why was he laughing? Nothing was funny, I am an idiot.

"Detention? What a catch. And what happened to him? Why did he leave you stranded?" He frowned at me. I looked out the window, it wasn't really Jackson's fault I don't guess. I did let him talk me into it, and the fight just kind of happened.

"He didn't, I left." It wasn't a lie, I did leave out one minor detail, but if he wasn't asking I wasn't telling. No need to add to my pile of shit.

"Why'd you leave?" He was truly getting on my last nerve because he knew exactly what he was doing. He was going to get this all out of me.

"I left because a fight broke out. I didn't want to get caught in the middle so I bailed, but someone stole my wallet from my coat pocket and I didn't have any money to hitch a cab, so I called you okay?" I spilled the beans. This seemed to satisfy him for now, but I knew it wasn't over. We rode a while in silence before he barreled more questions my way.

"Why do you smell like alcohol?" I groaned shaking my head, did we really have to get into this too? How could he possibly smell me? I only had a few drinks.

"I had a little to drink." Obviously, if he already knew did he really need to ask? He nodded calmly and looked over at me.

"Underage drinking? You know I'm a cop? Why are you such an idiot?" I smiled and he smiled back at me. "What am I going to do with you Tori? Do I need to lock you in the dungeon and throw away the key? You reel in trouble like a magnet. I can't keep my eyes off of you for two seconds without you going on to the next pain in the ass thing." He was right I really had no brain, and trouble always found its way on my path. Maybe I did need to be locked away.

"I'll be smarter... I promise." I didn't know if it was a promise I could keep, but it was a start and if it got me out of trouble I would say whatever he wanted me to.

"Well I will see to it that you keep that promise. I am suppose to be watching you remember? How can I do that when you are always running around behind my back and doing things to get yourself into trouble? I don't really want to know what you did tonight, all I care about is that you're safe and you were smart enough to call me. Don't think this means you are off the hook, because you aren't. Just know one day I will come by to collect all the debt you owe me for saving your ass." Great now I have a debt to pay to Mr. Body Guard.

"You can't do that! It's your job!" I protested. He just smirked shrugging at me.

"I am suppose to watch you, they never said you'd be this much trouble." He teased. I hit him in the arm. "But seriously, you are going to go upstairs, change out of that," he pointed to my slutty outfit, "and then go to sleep, because I honestly dont think I can take anymore tonight. You're officially grounded, I have marked you my slave for the next few days." He grinned evily, I could only imagine the things he was plotting in his brain.

"Fair enough." I shrugged and hopped out as soon as he parked the car. I did deserve whatever punishment he was throwing my way. "Rayner?" He peeked up from the side of the vehicle. "I'm sorry, and thank you." He smiled softly nodding.

I did just as he told me to without complaining and the next morning he made me wish I had never snuck out. In my room he came, banging a wooden spoon on a pan hollering at me to wake up. I glanced at my phone and it was only 5 in the morning. We didn't get in till almost 3 and I was still dead to the world at this hour anyway.

"Wakey wakey!" I covered my head with my pillow, but he started bouncing on my bed. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" He sat on me bouncing up and down. "Tori! If you want to be a night owl, you have to pay the consequences. You are going to school!" I wanted to cry. I didn't want to go.

"No..." I grumbled hoping he wouldn't make me. I did not like this side of him, why did I have to unveil the wrath of Officer Rayner Linehan?

_____________

Vote, Comment, Rate!