(20) Night Terrors

I had never known what it was like to have a real boyfriend. One that opened doors for you, and texted you at all hours of the day. Someone whose conversations never got awkward. The closest thing I've ever had to a boyfriend was in the eight grade. Steven Douglas, he was 108 pounds of bone and braces. He was my first kiss and let's just say his parents were picking us apart with a rubber spatula. End of story.

High school came around and I turned into more of a fling type girl. Not a slut, but I was never the person to commit. Besides I think my parents scared off anyone who thought they were good enough for their daughter. They wanted money, a good name, and someone perfect. Jackson was none of those things, my parents wouldn't approve, and he was not a fling. When did this happen? Today during lunch.

"Yo Tori!" I swung around, Jackson was already behind me pulling me impossibly close to him. I giggled like the school girl I am and Janice was laughing from beside me. "Hi." He smiled kissing me making me feel like I was the last girl on the planet.

"What was that for?" I asked breathlessly staring into his eyes.

"I missed you." He pouted sliding his arms around my waist. "And I need to ask you a question." My heart was racing and I felt his beating just as quickly through his blue t-shirt. I stared up at him through my lashes shyly.

"Well?" I flirted, biting my lip waiting for him to ask me his question.

"Tori Manzano, will you do me the most extraordinary honor of being my girlfriend?" My throat was suddenly very dry, and my knees felt weak. His face was serious and I knew he didn't do this often. "I haven't had a girlfriend in, well years, but something about you makes me want to change that." He smirked. I took a deep breath nodding.

"Yea." He grinned like a two year old and pulled me into him, and that is how it happened. That is how Jackson became my boyfriend and why Rayner won't even look at me. He's the one who told me Jackson was an okay guy, once you get past his bad boy persona he was a softie. So I never expected him to react this way. When I go into the living room he goes to the kitchen, when I'm in the kitchen he's in his room. Jackson picks me up for school now, in his car that I had no clue he had. Rayner hasn't spoken to me since I told him, and it was really starting to bother me.

He ignored my cries when I had nightmares, and I was starting to think he was seriously bipolar. One minute he says he'll be better and the next he hates me. I really have been trying, but there is only so much a person can do before they have to move on. So I've decided to focus on school, and Jackson's lips. They were magical. I loved when we kissed, we kissed a lot. A lot, a lot, the tension between us was growing, but I was not about to give myself to Jackson. It wasn't right, it was much too soon.

I invited Jackson over tonight, Rayner had locked himself in his room all day so I needed someone to talk to on this Saturday evening. Jackson was over in a flash and his lips were on mine the second he entered the door. I giggled and helped him shrug his leather jacket off. I pulled him to my room and we collapsed on my bed.

"Where's your brother?" He asked between kisses.

"His room." I told him and moved my mouth against his. After about fifteen minutes we were frantically kissing, touching, doing anything to get closer. We were fully clothed, but he seemed destined to change that. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a condom.

"What do you think?" He wiggled his eyebrows. I shook my head laughing.

"I think you're insane, because that is not going to happen." He pouted. I grabbed the square package from his hands and threw it on the ground. I kissed him one last time and pushed his chest away from me sitting up.