I jumped onto the bed, letting out a heavy sigh

I jumped onto the bed, letting out a heavy sigh. I felt the bed dip next to me and arms wrap around my waist. Soft kisses were laid across my jaw and neck.

"What is going through that pretty little head of yours?" Jaxon whispered.

I looked at him and sighed. "Do you ever wish we could go back to how we used to love each other? Not that I don't love you now, because I do but- things were so much easier back then."

"As much as back then was easier, there were too many secrets back then. I prefer us now, we can work together without hiding things."

"Your right.....I guess I just miss being so secretive about my past because that's all I ever did. I never told my past to anyone but Lizzy and my parents." I nuzzled into Jaxon's chest and closed my eyes. I enjoyed his warmth and simplest touch from him.

•••

I'm currently doing my hair and make up before slipping on my dress and heading to the ball. It starts at 7pm and goes to 3 am. It's currently 4pm so I still have a little bit of time.

Make-up artist were doing Zoey and Aria's make-up but me and Lizzy preferred to do our own. I went with a brown smokey eye and a dark nude matte lipstick.

Jaxon and the boys were all it the living room getting ready. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I hated that I had a weak spot right now. Marcel was someone I fucking hated since I was a teen.

My biological father favored him and was gonna make him Don if I hadn't killed him before he could "train" Marcel. When Marcel learned his mother's version of "the truth" he became obsessed with killing me for killing our sperm donor. What he doesn't know is the hurt and torture I saved him from. He may have been favored by daddy dearest when young, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been hell when he grew up.

He would laugh when he saw me barely walk out of the basement with blood on my body and welts on my back.

~ Flash Back ~

I haven't eaten in 3 days. I've only had 2 small bottles of water in the past 5 days. My back is burning from the whipping I have just received.

I gathered up all my strength and stood up, limping out of my personal hell. Just as I reached the stairs, I heard laughter behind me. Marcel stood there pointing and laughing at me like some little maniac. I swear he is a fucking sadistic bastard just like his father.

He is only 8 while I'm 12. One day I hope he realizes how horrible our sperm donor is.

~ End Of Flash Back ~

I slid into the limo with my dress on, makeup done and not even close to prepared for tonight but I put on a brave face. My hair currently is holding 2 switch blades and strapped a gun to my ass. Don't ask.

In this limo was Me, Alfonzo. Enzo, Dante, Jaxon, Aria, Lizzy, Tyler, and the Scottish Don with his Son. Aria and Alfonzo were here because for them to be safe, they need to know who to look out for.

Enzo would be keeping an eye on them from a distance, Jaxon would have Tyler when I can't be with them. I knew they would be safe. Lizzy was going with me and Dante was keeping an eye on our family's.

We all had ear pieces in and our code word to get into positions was 'gone' because no one would suspect a thing.

•••

We all walked into the ball except for the Scottish, they had an errand to run.

I got through security with no problem, so did all the others. I looked around and saw some of my worst enemy's and some of my best allies. I grabbed Jaxons hand and gave it a squeeze.

(Cue music)

We have about an hour before the plan gets set into place so we all decided to wander around, find places that the children can hide if need be.

Soon me and Jaxon and the others were by the dance floor when our song came on. Mine and Jaxons. The song we used to dance to in the living room and kitchen. The song we would play on the long road trips we went on.

"Care to dance?" Jaxon whispered in my ear.

"Lead the way."

And that he did. I stared into his eyes as he did the same. With my hand on his shoulder and other in his. We started to sway slowly.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" Jaxons whispered in my ear.

"More than once Amore mio."
(My love)

We picked up as the beat did. I didn't bother to look at the people around us. I just started into the eyes that I always tend to get lost in. Jaxon leaned his forehead against mine.
So take these words
And make them right
So one day you and I
Will write our names
In the sky
We'll confide" Jaxon hummed.

"And I'll find mine on the right of your side
And I'll find mine on the right of your side
If I throw away my fear and pride
To set things right
Then I'll find mine on the right of your side" I sang quietly back.

I giggled as he spun me around and pulled me back to his chest. Our steps grew faster with the beat. All I could think about was how much I loved this man.

I leaned up and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Jaxon then picked me up by my waist and spun me around. My hands we on his shoulders holding me up and that's when it clicked.

A man only holds the woman that he loves higher than himself. A king only bows to his queen. This was his way of showing me his love.

Actions speak louder than words.

He set me back on my feet and kept up with the steps. Twirling and swaying all over the floor. That's when I realized it was just us dancing, everyone watching. I didn't care though.

He was mine. I was his. I leaned back as we spun around with my eyes closed, my dress and hair flowing to the movements we made. I heard him chuckle at me.

"So take these words
And make them right
So one day you and I
Will write our names
In the sky
We'll confide

And I'll find mine on the right of your side
And if I throw away my fear and pride
To set things right
Then I'll find mine on the right of your side" Jaxon and me sang together.

I laid my head as we finished our dance, I looked all through the crowd until my breath hitched and it felt like my heart stopped.

I looked into the eyes of the last demon of my past that still lived.

I press my ear a little harder on Jaxon's chest so it hit the earpiece button so I can say the one word I prayed I wouldn't have to by some miracle that was not granted.

"Gone" I whispered as a tear slipped from my eye.

A/N: I didn't post chapters because I really wanted to focus on time with my family. It became hard to because of some major complications with me and my brother possibly being exposed to a positive COVID case. So I'm sorry for the late chapter and I hope you all understand.