Chapter 7<3

Ravens POV

I smiled. It felt nice in his embrace. His soothing, deep, dark yet soft dominant voice rung through my ears as he read from the book. I wasn't focused on the words, just the sound of his voice.

"Are you paying attention or just in your own world?" He looks down at me as I stared up at him.

"I'm listening to your voice, just not the words." I traced his jawline with the tip of my finger. Sending a small smile his way. "Può essere protetto quando me ne vado. Mi perdoni se vogliamo incontrarci di nuovo in futuro."

"What'd you say?" He asked.

"Nothing for you to worry about Mi amoré. We should get some sleep."

"Of course. We have a long day tomorrow."

With that said, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled my back against his hard chest. He whispered a small goodnight before slipping into a deep sleep while I stayed wide awake.

About two hours after he fell into a deep slumber, I grabbed my bag from under the bed and kissed his forehead before leaving. I had already set the note out and put a rose in the vase that had midnight moonlight shining on it. I loved roses and how they look in the moonlight of the night.

Beep Beep BEEP

I groaned and sat up in bed. Man, fuck this shit. I picked up my phone and looked at the date.

6:35 am
December 6th 2016

I jumped out of bed and took a shower, half way through my shower I heard a knock on my bathroom door.

"Raven, are you almost done? We have to leave in an hour to check the villa before the American Don gets here at 10."

"Yes Lizzy I'll be out in 10 minutes and down stairs in 30."

"Alright."

I finished washing my hair and body. With some gel, I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and the gel making it have a nice finish. I put on some mascara and lip gloss, keeping it simple. I strapped a knife onto each fore-arm and slipped one into the inside of my jeans. My purse had my gun and the emergency back-up device in it.

I headed downstairs after I gave Tyler a kiss on the head and told him I'd be back in a few hours. I did the same for Aria too. Lucifer, Rose and Blaze all had to come with me today.

After double checking everything at the villa, we had had 30 minutes before the Don and his men arrived so me, Lizzy and the dogs walked around the property.

"I bet he is hot, his head of security was when I met him." Lizzy blurted out and I just laughed.

"Looks don't always have to be the main thing, a good personality is better." I tossed a stick for the dogs and Lizzy just snorted.

"Ok Ms. not-caring-about-looks. You know, you should find someone you love."

I sighed. "Lizzy- you know I won't after him."

"If not for yourself, then for Tyler." She stopped and stood in front of me. "Despite what you think, you deserve love Raven. You deserve to be cared for by someone other than your family and me." I knew she was right. Maybe I should find someone.