Jade Dragons and Beer Pong

Oh god. Mateo is so close that I can smell the liquor on his breath. I feel a slight tightening in my jeans. Fuck, I am not enjoying this. There is no way I can be getting a boner right now.

"W-w-what?" I stutter, the word becoming trapped in my mouth. I knew what Mateo said. I was just hoping he would back down and change the subject.

"I said you were late. I wanna know why," Mateo repeats himself, tacking on a new command. He starts to play with the collar of my shirt, not looking at my eyes.

"I um, I d-didn't leave early enough." Oh god, I don't even have a speech impediment, at least not that I know of. Mateo was giving me anxiety, making me lose all control over my mouth.

Mateo brings his gaze up to mine. He gives me a once-over before grabbing my chin softly. "You look good with make-up on." Mateo pauses, letting go of my chin. He leans in toward my ear. "I bet you'd look better in a skirt," Mateo tells me. He pulls away and smiles. "Go get a drink. It'll calm you down." 

I nod. This is the first coherent communication that I managed to convey throughout our entire exchange.

Mateo lets me out of his trap before disappearing into the crowd. I watch him fade into the sea of people. I survey the people. There's a mix of people, so Mateo's invites most have spanned multiple schools because there are more than just guys. Everyone is grinding against each other. I guess high school parties are basically orgies.

A song I don't know pumps through the house as I make my way towards the kitchen. During my trip to the kitchen, I spot a cluster of kids passing around a couple of joints and a bong. Found the source of the weed smell. I've never drunk before, so when I arrive at the assortment of alcoholic beverages, I stand there looking confused.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and come face to face with a girl with pastel blue hair and green eyes that are almost the same shade as my own. She stands about an inch below me, which effectively reminds me of my vertical challenged-ness.

"Do you want me to make you a drink?" She asks before looking me up and down.

"Y-yes, please," I answer, letting out an awkward laugh.

"You looked confused, thought I could help. My name's Jade," She tells me as she begins to fill a blue solo cup up with unidentifiable liquids.

"Yeah, I don't really drink. M-my name's Finn," I tell her, watching as she mixes a drink.

"Polite, hesitant, and not an alcoholic. How exactly do you know my brother?" Jade asks, handing me a cup.

I sniff the drink, and it burns my nostrils slightly. "From school." I take a hesitant sip, feeling the alcohol burn as it slides down my throat. The taste makes me start to cough.

"You've never had alcohol before, have you?" Jade asks as she starts to laugh.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask, laughing along with her.

"Painfully." Jade takes a sip of her own drink. There is no reaction from her like there had been with me. "Drink fast, like you're taking a shot."

I throw back the cup. The burning sensation is still prevalent, but it goes down better than before. "There you go. When you want more, it's just vodka and cranberry juice." Jade smiles at me.

"O-oh, thank you," I tell her as I take another sip of my drink.

"And a word of warning. You seem like a good kid. If I was you, I would not get involved with Mateo. He will break you." Jade puts her hand on my shoulder. She pats my shoulder before disappearing into a crowd of people.

I stay leaned against a counter until someone grabs my arm, pulling me toward a table. The table's surrounded by people. The sea parts and I see someone downing a solo cup of beer. On one end is a person being cheered on by what looks like a group of boys. Upon closer inspection, I notice one girl hanging onto one of the guys. This particular one has a smug look of victory on his face. The other end is empty.

"I found another person to play beer pong!" I look over at the voice who is screaming. The girl who was yelling has enough bracelets to fill up a small child's entire arm. Her red hair is wavy, and her words are slurred.

"Oh. I, um, I don't know how to play," I look across the table I was pushed in front of. The guy has black hair and a sharp jawline. This man could cut glass with that thing. The man is wearing a tank top, presumably to show off his muscles, which are just as defined as his jawline. He's tall, around 6 feet. His girlfriend is a brunette, with a tiny waist, but most people can guess what is not small on her body.

"You chuck, and you drink." The man says a challenging look on his face. The man's voice is deep, but not nearly as low as Mateo's when he whispers into my ear.

The red-head hands me a white ping pong ball. And says, "Throw this in his cups. When you get one in, Danny drinks. When Danny gets one in, you drink." She then punctuates her instructions with a long drink from the contents in her cup. My own cup was abandoned in the kitchen.

Shit. I have zero hand-eye coordination. This is going to go horrendously.

"You first," The guy says.

I throw, and I miss it terribly. A chorus of laughter begins to sound. The guy takes his shot, looking me in the eyes as he throws and sinks it in one of the cups. The arrangement of the solo cups is a pyramid. It hits the middle one.

"Drink pretty boy." The smirk on his face is spreading. The insult falls out of his lips, and I would bet money he makes comments of this nature often.

I blush in embarrassment. I remember what Jade said and I down the cup, ignoring the bitter taste of wheat juice. I would rather not relive that shit show of a game. The highlights are me making two shots while Mr. Doucheface sinks every single one.

My head is spinning, and my thoughts are drowning me. I feel like I could climb the Empire State Building.

"Get outta here. That was the worst game of beer pong I've ever played." The doucheface and his friends join in a sea of laughter as I stumble away.

I run into someone. "Sorry," I mumble at whoever I hit. My words slosh out of my mouth like water in a small child's bathtub.

Strong hands clamp onto my forearms. "Are you drunk, Finn?" The voice is incredibly familiar.

"Mateo!" I yell, looking up at him.

Mateo releases my forearms from his grasp and grabs my hand. His hands are slightly calloused, which is definitely hot. Mateo drags me through the crowd of horny teenagers. He stops his dragging when we arrive at a room. He pulls me into said room.

"What are we doing in here?" I ask, surveying my surroundings.

"Well, I'm certainly not letting you drive home. You're drunk as fuck." He drags a hand through his fluffy hair.

Mateo's standing in the middle of the room he pulled me into. I walk toward him and snake my hands around his waist. "That's sweet," I whisper. I prop myself up on my tippy toes and press a soft kiss against his lips.