Truth Behind All - Chapter 5

~ Zyah's POV ~

The wind outside of my window echoed as I tried to clear my mind and get some sleep.

"Zyah, do you really think that moving houses is going to keep me away?"

"I love you Zyah, I won't hurt you."

"I promise"

His voice. It keeps replaying in my head. This is becoming too much. I can't handle it.

Breathe Zyah, this is just your imagination.

"No, no it isn't, I know where you are. . ."

~ Luke's POV ~

I heard screaming from next door. Oh no. I go out of bed and made my way to Zyah's 'room'. I opened the door and she was sitting on her bed. Her eyes were red and her hair was a mess.

"Um, are you alright?" I said, I hadn't entered her room yet.

"Do you understand what it's like to be haunted by something that you can't stand?" She mumbled. I slowly walked to her and sat down on the bed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a pain. You can leave now." She said.

"No, what's wrong? Tell me." I said.

"Don't worry about it. It's not important. I'm fine" she cried.

There she goes again. Her secretive self. I really wish she would trust me like she used to. Truth is, I don't really understand her. She's really confusing. The only person that I know in which she has opened up to before is my mum. It's like whatever she is hiding is something that she's trying to run away from, something that she's scared to share. It's as if she thinks something bad will happen. She reminds me a lot of her sister. Ellie. Ellie was really distant. She was hurting a lot, the only person she told was my mum. They only trust my mum. I remember hearing them talking, she would always say how bad her dad was, how bad he treated them both. She said she was going to end all of the pain one day. We didn't think she meant she would kill herself. Yeah, Ellie was suicidal. Zyah suffered a lot after her death. She stopped eating, she was so young as well. She became really depressed. Her parents did too. That's when her dad started to become even more violent. He, he, he was a bad guy. My skin rose in the thought of what he did to Zyah. She was so innocent, nobody deserves to be raped. Raped. Poor thing.

OKAY I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT WHAT HAPPENED WAS, I UPLOADED CHAPTER FOUR BUT IT DIDN'T PUBLISH SO WHEN I UPLOADED THIS ONE, IT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE. SOOOOO YEAH. THAT'S WHY IT'S SHORT, I KIND OF HAD TO CHANGE THE STORY LINE A LITTLE. BYEEE.