Zyah? - Chapter 13

THIS IS GOING TO BE A REAAAALLLLYYYYYYYY SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE I NEED TO BUILD UP SUSPENSE. KIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKI. :)

"A mother, sister, aunty and daughter was lost a few days ago. We will not dwell on the fact that she is no longer with us, but be thank full that she was once here. Ladies and gentlemen, if you will now leave and allow this women to be joined with The Lord, it would be much appreciated" the middle aged man spoke from the alter. As his words rummaged through my ears and brain, it became apparent to me that my mother, was no longer here. I wasn't upset, not because of my dislike towards her, but because of my disbelief that these events have occurred. Sad cries filled the paddock as my eyes searched the number of people who turned . Some very familiar and others barely recognizable.

I heard someone from behind me clear their throats as my grip on Luke tightened. I turned myself around and was met with one of the few faces I could remember seeing before. Expecting a sad 'stay strong' from him, I lightly smiled before his strong facial expressions turned placid. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Luke.

"Zyah?" He asked. I saw his eyes water as if my name brought bad thoughts into his mind. His eyes searched mine as I struggled to let such a simple yes out of my now dried up mouth.

I nodded and he hugged me. This hug was very different. It wasn't like Luke's, it wasn't like Gina's, it was more like a hug a father would give his daughter. A hug that I've experienced before, I just can't remember.

I was so confused at his kind gestures and my confusion grew wider as I saw someone approach us. I pulled away from the man and made my way over to the other person.

"Trey, what are you doing here?" I asked, hugging him. I pulled away and before he could reply, the man from earlier butted in, he put his hand on both mine and Trey's shoulders are said, "Zyah, this is Trey, my son, as you know. He's your brother. I'm your dad" . . .

BAMMMMMMMMM. :) like always, let me know what you think 👍<3 Olivia