TWENTY SEVEN

tw! descriptions of a panic attack? i don't really know how to describe a panic attack, but it's in this chapter so just be wary.

december 27th

they were seated around a table, anxiously waiting for randy. jack had started to bite his nails, daniel was twiddling his fingers, corbyn's leg couldn't stop bouncing. zach and jonah were somehow the calmest out of the five.

the door flew open, and in stormed randy. he marched over to the table, slamming a binder on the surface. the five boys flinched. "what. in the ever lasting fuck. did you boys do?"

they all stayed silent.

randy breathed through his nose. "zach, i vividly remember saying that you weren't allowed to go to hawai'i. vividly."

"and i vividly remember jack having a literal breakdown because he thought he was going to be alone for christmas. he shouldn't have to deal with this all by himself. that's why we're here. we're each other's support systems randy."

"he has his mother for that."

"and she stayed home because she has other kids too, randy. sorry for being a decent friend." zach huffed. "support system." he repeated.

"and suddenly you have some sort of right to go around making these decisions? you're a child zach!"

"he's 19, man." jonah piped in quietly. "legally, he's an adult."

randy shot him a look.

"do you even care about jack's mental health and how fucked it is currently? he's juggling this job, all the shit you're making us do, flying to hawai'i to visit his daughter so she can actually get to know him, risking his health and then have to do it all over again."

jack's fingers started to bleed from biting at them too hard. he winced, looking down at his left pointed finger. he shook out his hand, feeling nervous butterflies erupt in his tummy. a wave of nausea rushed over him. god it was hot in daniel's living room. he felt like he was suffocating.

"well if he had just kept it in his pants, half of that wouldn't be an issue."

jack felt his bottom lip begin to wobble. he tried tuning out the bickering between his boyfriend and manager, but it wasn't working. without realizing, he started scratching his arms, an itch that couldn't be scratched. he knew his arms would be tender by the end of this, but he couldn't find himself to care.

he never really knew why randy had it out for him. since the very first day, randy had a strong disliking of jack for simply existing. there was no reasoning behind it.

jack was always trying to be on his tiptop behavior, following directions, listening to what randy says, even if he really didn't want to. that was until he got gabriela pregnant. and lavender was born. and he had to travel to hawai'i.

"can you get off his ass for two fucking second?" zach snapped. "you give him so much shit about lavender as if you didn't have your kids just as young."

"do not bring my family into this, zachary."

"then maybe don't bring jack's family into it."

jack ran out of the room. corbyn was quick to follow him. he ran and ran and ran until he found the nearest trash can, emptying his stomach out. corbyn was rubbing his back, making sure he wouldn't choke on his own vomit. jack was thankful for corbyn. he knew all the ways to calm him down.

zach set his jaw, feeling anger flow through him. "you need to lay off of him. his anxiety is the the worst it's ever been and you're not helping."