TWENTY THREE

december 23rd

jack had just put lavender down for bed. he was alone with his daughter this christmas, since his mom had to stay in LA. which he was fine with, just a little bit lonely. he's been facetiming his boys everyday, and zach during the PM, he spent all his energy with lavender because his heart literally belongs to her and he'd die just to hear her giggles.

he turned the television on and took a sip of his drink. he spent all day at the beach with lavender, ate too much food, and went down to the pool when the sun was setting. he was all achy, and he smelt like sunscreen and salt water since he has yet to shower. he's too tired to even move.

so he sat on the couch of his apartment in hawai'i, bored out of his mind while watching the shitty show on the screen. he reached for his phone, the screen lighting up. he thumbed through his notifications, clicking on zach's messages.

dumbassery<3
hey sweet love, i'm going out with my family today, so i won't be on my phone at all. i hope everything is going well over there, send lav my love!! mwah:D

jack smiled, sending him a quick text back, and turned his phone back off. he got comfortable on the couch and started to channel surf until he found something remotely interesting. he was antsy, very antsy. his anxiety was going haywire, and he wished he had the energy to get up and take his medication.

with a heavy sigh, he forced himself to stand and head over to his room where his toiletry bag was. he rummaged through it until he found the white bottle that had his medication in. he popped the cap opened, tilted the bottle towards his palm and let one fall out. he closed the bottle up, shoved it back in his bag and left the room.

he went back to the living room where his water bottle was. quickly, he took his medication, washing it down with his drink and sighed. he hates anxiety. so much.

the knock on the door didn't help either. his heart began to pound, his head rushing with unwanted scenarios of who was behind the door. he wasn't expecting anyone, his entire family is in LA, the boys are either in oregon, minnesota or california. gabriela wasn't supposed to come until 12:30 on christmas. so who was behind the door?

he stalked closer to the front, his heart about to explode out of his chest. but when he looked through the peep hole, a frown appeared. he unlocked the locks and tore the front door open. "what. the. fuck."

"you didn't think i'd let you spend christmas alone did you?"

jack dropped his water bottle that was in his hands, and wrapped his arms tightly around zach. holy shit, this fucker brought his entire family. myta and josh were getting the luggage in their rental, ryan and reese behind zach.

"zach stop hogging him!" ryan complained, pulling a laughing jack into a hug.

"we technically shouldn't be travelling but after i told my parents that you were going to be alone, my mom threw a fit, and now we're here." zach explained, stepping into jack's apartment. he looked back at his boyfriend, who was in the middle of picking up reese. "you call this decorated?"

"i've barely gone shopping for her, z." he mumbled, kissing his sister's cheek lovingly before setting her down. zach shot him a sympathetic look.

"don't worry about that sweetheart. you and i can go tomorrow." myta touched his wrist. "don't stress. i know you're already stressed enough."

no. absolutely not. he wasn't about to cry. no no nope no.

he cleared his throat. "um. the-the couch is a pull out and there's a spare room next to lavender's. two beds in there."