13.0 the explosion

Time had passed slowly since the first week back at Hogwarts, but a lot had changed.

The Carrow's had managed to postpone the duelling club until further notice and they had started to severely punish any student that didn't act to their liking.

No one that Claire personally knew had been punished yet, but that wasn't surprising.

The tension around the whole castle had grown significantly.

Every day there would be a student crying among their friends or alone, it resembled her fifth year but this felt different.

It felt a lot more haunting and dangerous.

It wasn't just one teacher that wreaked havoc, it almost felt like the whole world was falling apart.

And now, at the beginning of October, the autumn air had filled the castle.

The weird encounters between Claire and Draco continued to happen and the tension between Claire and Theo had grown.

The only time the halls were occupied was when getting from one lesson to another, the students felt a lot safer in their common rooms.

Except for the few Slytherin's that strutted the hall's like they owned the place and like always, Claire was believed to be a part of that group.

She felt like she had been living on autopilot since that first week.

Going to classes, making homework, and heading back to the common room.

Claire preferred to stay in her dorm rather than the common room because she'd be stared at by multiple people.

Pansy's eyes would almost spit fire whenever Claire dared to look in her direction.

However, she was relieved she didn't receive another letter from her parents since that package.

She assumed that they believed she had done whatever it would have said in the package and she intended to keep it that way.

On a late Friday night, it seemed that the Professors Carrow had found a new place to continue their punishments.

Claire had just finished her daily study session in the library and was walking back to the common room when she ran into a Ravenclaw.

Luna Lovegood.

Her blonde hair flowed behind her while she calmly walked down the dark corridor, nearing Claire.

Claire didn't know if Luna knew her at all so she decided to ignore her and keep walking.

While her mind wondered why Lovegood was wandering around near the Slytherin Common Room, Luna herself came to a stop.

"Hi, Claire." Luna spoke and it startled her.

Her voice echoed but not in a scary way, more like a dream.

"Hi?" Claire responded, a little surprised.

She wasn't sure if she was supposed to stop walking when suddenly a redhead bolted from a dark corridor, a wand in her hand.

It was unmistakably, Ginny Weasley.

"Luna, let's go." She hissed and didn't bother to look at Claire before dragging Luna away from the dungeons.

Claire sighed and continued to make her way to her common room.

When she reached the corridor from which Ginny came, she stopped.

She squinted her eyes to try and see whatever she might have been running from.