1.0 the beginning

a/n Warning! This chapter contains mentions of abuse. If you're uncomfortable in any way, please skip this chapter. Take care <3.

---

Somewhere on the widely spread countryside of England laid a country house.

Its exterior walls were covered in green, making it seem like it grew from the ground beneath it.

The land that came with it was untouched, the only thing visible as far as you could see, were trees and grass.

The home belonged to a family that was considered to be amongst the 'sacred twenty-eight'.

As one would approach the entrance, they would be met by a tall tower with a build-in steel gate.

The name Travers was engraved in stone above, along with a big snake that traveled to the gate's lock.

If one was allowed past the gate, the house got taller with every step towards it.

The stained glass and antique frames were a sign of wealth and status. Along with the family's emblem, a black python, as the doorknob.

Inside the manor lived three wizards, one of the few Travers family members that remain till this day.

The family consisted of Evangeline and Robert Travers who had a daughter named Claire.

To the outside wizarding world they were known to be part of an ancient line of pure-blood wizards, most of whom were traditionally sorted into the Slytherin House.

They, along with other family's amongst the sacred twenty-eight, were considered pure-blood supremacists.

But inside the robust walls of the Traver's home, Claire's secrets were buried.

The youngest member of the family made sure that none of them would ever resurface.

But as time passed, the walls began to crack and unwillingly the truth came to light.

As a child, she befriended two boys, Draco Malfoy, and Theodore Nott.

It wasn't her choice but nothing in her life had ever been or ever would.

While their parents sought comfort in each other's company, the children were left to play together.

The years went by and once enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, they stuck together.

Not only as childhood friends but also as Slytherins.

They were joined by other children of important families and formed a small group, just like their parents had taught them.

Not realizing then, the group had become small versions of their fathers or mothers, passing down their pure-blood supremacy to everyone who would listen.

This made them fall out of place with other students but, it didn't affect them because after all, they had each other.

Slowly but surely, they grew up and each became their own person.

Some forming their own opinions but most stayed a child marionette, loyal to their parent's every word.

At the age of fifteen the walls of the Travers home began to whisper to Claire and the more she listened, the more she regretted filling the walls in the first place.

Her own hateful words caused a permanent echo that followed her wherever she'd go.

Claire began to see her 'friends' for what they were.