ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣 | ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

Morgan laughed, recognizing it after about a minute, and plopped himself down on the grass next to him. He crossed his legs and leaned forward on his elbows.

"Liam, you're not gonna sing it...?"

Liam laughed and missed a chord. Fuck.

"...No, dude. You know I can't sing and play."

He tried to continue, looking at the guitar neck to remember where he left off. Apparently he couldn't even laugh and play...

"Oh come on, that one's easy..." Morgan teased.

"It's hard to play and talk, Morgan."

Liam stopped strumming and held his palm against the front of the guitar. He sighed, exasperated. "See?! You already messed me up..."

"I'll mess you up worse than that, if you don't keep playing." Morgan smirked.

Liam laughed at looked at him for a second. Was he joking? Did he mean he'd 'mess him up' in bed? Or did he mean he'd kick the shit out of him?

Morgan was squinting to keep the sun out, but his smirk grew wider and Liam saw his eyes look him up and down for a brief second.

He meant the first one. The way he said it and the way he was smiling was definitely referencing the first one.

Liam slowly smiled back at him. Morgan just smiled wider, so he started playing the song from the beginning.

Morgan gave him butterflies, he always made him nervous when he watched him play, but Liam didn't mess up again. Liam was a little relieved that Morgan was flirting with him again for fun, because... Honestly, he missed it.

• • • • •

It was Julian's birthday that next Saturday and the house was full.

How did Julian know this many people?! He barely even talked...

Liam was outside in the crowded backyard, dancing with Ethan to whatever was blasting on the outdoor sound system and drinking from his red cup, when he noticed it was empty. He left Ethan for a second and walked to the table of drinks they had set up outside to make himself another drink.

He was pouring the shot of tequila into his cup when a hand tickled his waist, making him pour some of the alcohol onto his hand when he jerked to the side.

"Hey, what --"

He turned around. It was Morgan, smirking down at him deviously.

"Morgan, what the hell..." Liam shook his hand off, trying to get some of the spilled liquid to sprinkle onto Morgan's clothing out of spite, but it didn't work. Morgan cackled when Liam let out a frustrated sigh and tickled him again, making Liam spill whatever he'd managed to get into the cup down onto the grass.

"Shit! Morgan!" Liam managed to yell out between hysterical bouts of laughter. He dropped his empty cup on the ground and tried to pry Morgan's hands off of him, but it was completely hopeless.

Morgan picked Liam up off the ground as he was squirming, both of Liam's hands latching onto Morgan's arms as he tried to pull them off from around his waist.

Liam could barely breathe between laughter...

He had one particular move to escape this situation, and it almost always worked -- he went completely limp and slumped to the ground, sliding down Morgan's legs.

Liam's body flopped down to the ground like a deflating balloon as Morgan laughed at him, tripping over Liam's waist because he'd slumped onto Morgan's foot.