4. The beauty of the night

It seemed like an eternity, just the two of you looking at each other. Hanzo was the first to break the silence, he cleared his throat, sitting up straighter in his chair, arms crossed, giving you the infamous Hanzo scowl.

"How are you feeling?" his monotone voice made you blink.

"I-I am fine." you smiled a little.

"Good." he murmured, nodding to himself, not sure what to do next.

In that moment, one of the little dragons nipped one of Hanzo's ears making a weird noise, as if telling him something. After a sharp glare from Hanzo the dragon climbed to rest on top of his master head sticking his small tongue out and whining, in protest.

"Something wrong?" you asked, feeling bad for the little dragon.

"No, he is just being childish." Hanzo groaned, looking away.

The other twin dragon jumped out of your lap and went to the bedside table, biting the newest flower and going back to you. It wiggle its tail happily moving the flower closer and closer to your face.

"Thank you." You gently picked the flower from the dragon, who gave you a happy noise.

"We shall leave now, you need to rest." Hanzo got up, while the two little dragons protested with groans "I-we are glad to see you well." Hanzo smiled and turned to leave, with two indignant little dragons following.

You knew little about Hanzo, but the fact he was here... it must mean something, right? And that smile... it seemed really genuine... and... as far as you heard Hanzo wasn't one to smile.

"Hanzo."

"Yes..." he stopped right at the door.

"I am very happy for your visit." You said it without thinking, smiling at him and the now two happy little dragons that were looking at you.

"I am glad you enjoyed my company. I will see you tomorrow then, if you want." He turned to you with a small smile on his face.

"That would be great." You nodded smiling, feeling butterflies in your stomach.

----- time skip ------

"You seem happier than usual. What happened?" The usual nurse asked, wriggling an eyebrow.

"Oh ahm... I just had an unexpected visit today that's all." You looked down to your lap where your hands held the flower that the dragon gave you, unconsciously blushing.

"What are you waiting for darling." The nurse approached you with a big smile "Tell me everything."

You told her everything that had happened since the moment you woke up to find a sleeping archer and his two dragons, to the moment he left the room and what feelings you were left with. Of course your friend nurse made the usual "ohh" and "aww" while you told her everything, it looked like she was listening to you telling her about a soup opera or something. But none the less you appreciated her kindness and the fact she was hearing you out.

"Isn't that the best thing to wake up to? Come on, you can tell me." She winked, making you blush and look away.

Days passed, you had the regular visits of the infamous archer every day and even though he seemed the most awkward person to be around his presente and his small smiles made your day brighter. He isn't a man of many words, but he always brought small gifs and asked how you were and if you needed anything.

You were laying in the hospital bed, Hanzo had just left in a hurry which was strange and he even 'looked happy' which was even more strange. The nurse too seemed to be a little too excited about something she refused to tell you.