🚲 TWENTY-EIGHT 🚲

Začít od začátku

I wasn't expecting him to show up, not now, not never.

"Well, well." - Austin chuckled, closing the room door behind him. - "I see it didn't take you long to sleep with another man, Harry. I guess I was right, and you are a slut." 

Harry shivered in my arms, gripping tightly on the neck of my shirt.

"Don't call him that." - I said, softly letting go off Harry, standing up and putting myself in front of Austin. - "And you should leave."

"Really? Because as far as I know, I'm still Harry's boyfriend. Right, babe?" - He looked over my shoulder at Harry. - "So, I'm not going to leave. Oh sorry, where are my manners? We weren't introduced. I'm Austin, Harry's boyfriend."

"I'm pretty sure Harry would disagree with that."

Austin raised an eyebrow, chuckling.

"And why would that be?"

"Because he doesn't deserve being your boyfriend. Not when you're a violent and aggressive one. Not when you took advantage of him, not when you hurt him enough to end up in a hospital bed! So, I'll say it again, you should leave." - I said, gesturing the door. - "I don't want to fight you."

"Oh, you want to fight me? How is that going to look for you when the news says that Louis Tomlinson hit yet another man? You can't fight me without going to jail, you asshole. Now get out of my way." - He said and pushed me aside, walking towards Harry. - "I just wanted to talk." - He said and got closer to bed.

Harry looked at me with worried eyes, begging me for help.
I grabbed Austin by his arm, pulling him backwards and away from Harry yet again.

"Don't even think of putting a finger on him."

"I just want to talk, you asshole." - Austin said.

"I don't want to talk to you." - Harry whispered.

"I don't care. You're going to listen."

"He said he doesn't want to." - I said firmly.

"And I just said that I didn't care."

"That's it, I'm calling the police." - I said, letting go of Austin's arm.

"Oh, no you don't want that, Tomlinson." - He smirked at me. - "Because all of them out there think that you did this to him. I can just tell them that you are the one hurting him right now. And who are they going to believe? His boyfriend? Or the stupid singer with an harassment and physical aggression open cause?"

I swallowed deeply, stopping my action.
Because I needed to measure my next move.

I didn't want to use my strength against him. I just wanted him out of the room.
I just wanted to wrap Harry in my arms and never let go. I wanted to protect him from Austin.
And right now, I was doing none.

I was having an inner conflict, because if I fought Austin, I knew I had a chance to overpower him, but that would only end up badly.

And I knew I wouldn't be able to protect Harry from jail.
But if I called the police right now, who knew what could happen anyways?

I didn't want Austin to get mad and hurt Harry.
And I was hoping he wouldn't do anything while a third person was in the room, even more knowing there were probably cameras around. But one could never know for sure with this person.

Harry looked at me again with fear in his eyes.

"I'm right here, baby." - I said, trying to reassure him that nothing was going to happen under my watch, even if I wasn't that sure myself.

I felt the weight of my phone on the back of my jeans.
I could call Liam, anyone to come help.

"Harry. I'm here to make sure that you aren't going to say anything about this. You understand?" - Austin threatened Harry. - "You're just going to say that you passed out because you were drunk, and you fell on the floor. Okay?" - He moved closer and took Harry's arm, squeezing it hard.

I wanted him to take his hands off Harry, I wanted to act, I wanted to jump and rip Austin's head off, but I also saw an opportunity.
Austin wasn't paying attention to me; and I could use that distraction to quickly text Liam.

Send the police to the room. Now.

"But, you did it." - Harry whispered and I saw he was starting to cry. His lips trembling.

"No, I didn't, babe." - He grabbed Harry's chin. - "I'm your boyfriend, darling. I love you."

Harry's eyes found mine, irradiating fear.

"I'm here." - I mouthed. - "I won't let anything happen to you."

I knew that if the police didn't arrive in time, I would have no other choice than to take Austin down myself.

"I said I love you, Harry." - Austin repeated, anger in his voice.

"It's clear he doesn't love you back, arsehole." - I spit out, trying to gain Harry some time.

"What are you even doing here still?" - He turned to me, letting go of his grip on Harry.

Harry let out a relieved sigh.
And then, the door opened again, just to show two Police officers walking towards us.
Luckily, one of them was the same one who was at the scene yesterday, who I gave my statement to.

"What is going on in here?" 

"Just a disagreement, sir." - Austin smiled at them.

I contained every impulse to punch him.

"Sir." - I started. - "This man is who I told you about last night. He's who... raped and attacked Harry. I don't know what he is even doing in this room, he shouldn't be close to Harry."

The officers looked at each other, then nodded.

"I'd like to escort both of you outside while my partner speaks with Mr. Styles alone."

"No!" - Harry screamed, still crying in his bed, clutching his blankets around himself. - "Please, not alone." - He begged.

"I can stay with you, sweetheart." - Austin said.

"Oh no, no way I'm letting you stay here." - I argued. - "He can't stay with him!" - I turned to the officers. - "He's the aggressor!"

"Officers, this is the man you're looking for; this is who did this to my boyfriend." - Austin said now, pointing at me.

"He is lying, he did this. He hurt Harry. Please tell them the truth, baby." - I said to Harry who was crying non-stop now, shaking and curling himself up in bed.

"Harry, sweetheart. Don't cry." - Austin said and moved to sit on the bed next to him, while I just stared at the whole situation in disbelief.

Harry wasn't fighting, he didn't reply, he didn't argue with Austin, he didn't say a word to the officers. He was just there. Paralyzed.

"Well, Mr. Styles? We need your statement. And I understand you don't want to be alone for this? But I'm afraid if these men are involved in any way in the attack, we need to know. And for that, it's better if they stay outside." - The other officer said. - "We're here to help you, Harry."

Harry swallowed, wiping his tears off his face. Then, he nodded.

"Alright, gentleman. You're coming outside with me." - The first officer said, pointing towards the door as I followed.

But Austin, he stayed behind for a moment, and I could see his facial expressions; he was threatening Harry with his stare. Harry saw it and looked down, shaking his head.

This wasn't good.
Harry was afraid of what Austin could do, and I knew he was acceding to his silent request.

We were both pulled outside the room, forced to stay seated in the waiting room, side to side, as the officer stood before us.
We didn't talk, we didn't even look at one another, but he was there. And there was nothing I could do.

Nothing to save Harry, nothing to assure him everything was going to be alright.
Because I didn't know anything for sure.

The only thing I knew for sure was that whatever happened in that hospital room, whatever Harry told the police officer, was the definer of his future, of Austin's future, and most likely mine too.