sixteen

𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨,

 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗘

✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*

san's hands shook as he ran from the large school building.

school had just ended and san couldn't help but think back to the image of jaemin, jeno and renjun all seated next to each other at the lunch table during their lunch. anybody else would smile at the cute words and actions of the boys but it only angered san. he ignored the three and made his way to class, but he couldn't ignore his thoughts.

once school ended and he saw renjun walking alone, it was like someone flipped a switched in him. his body reacted before his mind and before he knew it, he was pressing "share" and now there was a picture of the chinese boy online for thousands to see. san raised his head, almost feeling guilty, until he spotted the boy again. he was walking towards the school exit and so san assumed he was going to meet his boyfriends.

once again, without thinking, san ran over and grabbed renjun's wrist and yanked him into the bathroom. renjun looked at him with shock all over his face and he gulped.

"o-oh san, do you need something?" san smirked at the fear in renjun's eyes. he knew he was in control.

san hit his head as he continued running, his lungs burned as if screaming at him to stop but he couldn't. he had to run - run from his problems, his life, his thoughts, reality.

san back the boy up against the sinks. "yeah, i have a question." renjun only nodded and san scoffed.

"you really are a slut, aren't you?" renjun only stared at san, giving him no response. san rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone to show the shorter boy the picture he had posted.

he continued to harass and hurt renjun, both physically and mentally, for what felt like hours to renjun.

"you're a piece of shit, you know that. jaemin and jeno only like you for your pretty little face and body, nobody would want a fucking brat like you.' san growled lowly before he pushed renjun to the ground. renjun looked up at the boy only to be forced to look away as san harshly slapped his cheek. he raised a hand to his now red cheek and curled into a ball, praying somebody would find him.

san scoffed at the sight in front of him. 'what a coward.' he spat at renjun before kicking the boy's thigh, earning a whimper from the blonde. san smiled sickly but his smile was quickly wiped off as he was shoved against a wall, his collar now in the hands of jeno.

"i warned you, i fucking warned you." san raised an eyebrow at the brunette pinning him against the wall and instead averted his eyes to watch renjun as jaemin escorted him out of the bathroom, glancing back at san and jeno before they left.

jeno made sure san wouldn't leave this place unharmed. he threw many punches until a sickly dark bruise had formed on his eyes and he could taste the blood in his mouth. san had given up after only a couple of minutes of fighting back and simply accepted the pain. jeno continued and san genuinely thought jeno was going to kill him until a familiar face entered the bathroom with a shriek. 

"jeno, please calm down." san watched the scene in front of him, his eyes barely open. however his vision was clear enough that he could make out the familiar figure.

wooyoung, again.

"renjun and jaemin are probably wondering where you are, go to them and stop wasting your time here, okay?" wooyoung spoke to the brunette with a soft voice and a hand on his shoulder. jeno nodded and stood up, shooting one last glare at san before he left the bathroom.

wooyoung then turned to look at san with a sigh. he sat in front of him and carefully lifted his hand to caress over the dark bruise. san winced and swatted the younger's hand away, earning another sigh from the blonde.

"why do you do this, san?" wooyoung shook his head as he inspected the other male's face for any other injuries.

"i don't need your help, fuck off and leave me alone." san hit the other's hand away and stood up. he felt like he would collapse any second but he ignored the feeling and walked past the other, pausing before he exited.

"you're not my mother, i don't need one."

wooyoung watched the older leave as he felt his heart shatter at those words. he knew the older was broken, even if he wouldn't admit it.

even if he didn't need a mother, he needed support, and wooyoung promised himself that he'd be that support no matter what.

san didn't stop running until he reached the familiar house and banged on the door with tears streaming down his face, begging the memories from that day to leave him alone.

a/n: if you're confused the italics = present time and the normal font = san's thoughts / memories from that day