7.

It had been such a long time since Lindsey was given the chance to hold the small, petite blonde who was wrapped in his arms so tightly. There had always been too many people around, there had never been enough time or even an excuse to just stand in the center of the room, their bodies connected for what felt like an eternity without the judgement from onlookers. He relished the moment, for his pizza could wait, the shower that was still running could and would continue to run until she chose to step out of this embrace. 

He had to give her some authority, for the regret that stung his heart was down to his own actions so many moons ago. The problem was that he would never admit that to her, even though he always had every intention to spill his heart out, to confess that he was in the wrong. It just seemed that when it came down to the crunch, when they were actually speaking to each other, his body would put on a front and the words became meaningless and lousy, the blame forwarded on to her instead and he would lose track of everything he had built up in his mind during moments of solitude. 

"Do you regret telling me everything you spoke of that day?" Stevie whispered as she pulled herself out of her moment of self pity. 

Lindsey closed his eyes, his lips pressing into the crown of her head. Getting into a discussion about their past was a dangerous road to travel, especially when a variety of emotions were already running high. He couldn't even think straight, he was so hungry, thirsty and tired and he wanted to just zone out in front of the TV for hours. 

"Yes and no. The regret comes from seeing just how we haven't even managed to connect on stage, where we have always connected. Whatever was going on off stage never affected us on stage but this time it most certainly has." 

As he spoke, her arms wrapped around him tighter and he knew she was probably trying to stifle any tears that wanted to escape from her eyes. 

"What I don't regret is telling you everything that has played on my mind for so long. I don't regret telling you just how infuriated I was when I heard you didn't want to be on this tour. I don't regret telling you that I think you have become someone who won't let themselves be themself anymore. I don't regret telling you just how much I miss the real you. I don't regret telling you that I think about you every damn day, of what could have been, the drug related  miscarriage, the drugs that probably destroyed our only chance of leading a somewhat normal life. I don't regret telling you that I should have saved you from yourself, that I should have been there. I don't regret telling you that you were wrong to tell me to leave you... but I will tell you that one of my biggest regrets in my life was actually listening to you. Letting you walk away from me... but it was so hard Steph, so damn hard. I couldn't do it anymore. I just-" 

"You make out that it was all my fault, that I controlled you..." Stevie spoke, the offence in her voice ringing in Lindsey's ears as she leaned back in his arms to stare into his eyes. 

"It really doesn't matter anymore, does it?" Lindsey sighed. 

"It does if we want to continue this tour." 

Lindsey raised an eyebrow, trying to quickly process just what she meant by that. 

"Are you threatening to halt this tour Stevie?" 

He took a step back from her, crossing his arms over as he awaited her response. 

Stevie too, crossed her arms as she held eye contact with him. She had no idea what she was trying to do. She was just trying to tell him how hurt she was. 

"If it comes down to it, then we might need to. I am not going to be on edge, waiting to see what stunt you will pull on stage night after night Lindsey. I get it, you are angry and I am angry but we need to at least be fair to Fleetwood Mac."