"Alright, but as soon as we can do something. I'm gonna punch that snivelling bastards face in," Brendaen said before he allowed Phoenix to go. Phoenix sighed and nodded, running her fingers through her hair as she left the room. It felt so strange that her father had been the more aggressive one. She had expected it but at the same time thought he would be less bothered. He didn't seem very bothered about a lot of things. Maybe it was because it was do with Phoenix. As she walked into his study, she had expected to rant but it was like they got their emotions across without words and her father's anger made her feel more content. There was still fury in her heart and a desire to scream at someone but she didn't. She just tried to stay calm, it would do them no help to go out of control.

     "Let's go downstairs and make breakfast," Obi-Wan said as he wrapped an arm around her waist. She jumped at his presence but nodded. Food did sound like a good idea. Obi-Wan was also dressed now in his robes and Phoenix allowed him to guide her downstairs. A soft sigh escaping her lips as she let her mind wonder. But it wondered freely now. Thinking of all the possibilities of what could have happened and she received no complaints from Obi-Wan when she came back to reality.

     He didn't complain about her daydreaming. He didn't comment. He just smiled at her and continued to cook. He was making them breakfast today it seemed and she just watched him. Her mind wondering again but rather than to the negatives of what had happened. It wondered to the positives. She had found Obi-Wan again thanks to Jax and his return. Because he tried to kill her, she fell back in love. She found someone she was actually in love with and cared about.

     And even though she won't be able to love Obi-Wan freely. She at least has someone who loves her as much as she loves them. Obi-Wan was the perfect man for her. He was reserved but not too reserved. Kind, sweet. Always wanted the best for her. He made her smile wider than she ever thought she could and he was letting himself love her. It could only be a brief fleeting moment of love that disappears by the time he returns to Coruscant but she would rather that than nothing at all.

     "I can hear your thoughts, little one," He commented as he moved to cut up the vegetables the normal way. She looked at him, tilting her head. Not understanding quite what he meant. She knew that his Jedi abilities allowed him to hear things but she thought he had to be actively looking into someone's head, "Your thoughts are just very loud this morning," He responded to her questions that she had yet to voice. She nodded and tried to see if she could quieten them but it wasn't something she was even conscience of.

     "I don't understand why I tried so hard to be in love with Jax. He was nothing but cruel to me," Phoenix said as she looked up at Obi-Wan. The Jedi glanced back at her, a small frown on his lips. He hadn't spent enough time with them together to even understand the full of extent of how he acted but Jax never felt like a good fit for Phoenix. He never would have said anything and still wouldn't. She didn't need to know what he was thinking. It was not something he wanted to expose and most of his thoughts tended to be improper. He had no idea how he was going to deal with leaving her again.

     "You shouldn't be thinking about him anymore. He doesn't need to be on your mind. I know that I'm not the most conventional person to love but I will try and be here for you. I've always loved you for you, even when you were a teenager," He said as he turned around. He switched the stove off since he was done and left it to settle as he walked over to her.

     Phoenix stayed sat on her chair, looking up at him. She knew that he did but it was strange. Everything just felt so strange. He was actually showing his love. He wasn't trying to pull away. He wasn't playing that game with her again and she was more glad than anything in the world but it was just so different from how he'd been acting. She didn't understand why he had changed so much and just as her thoughts finished on that spiral, she realised he would be able to hear. A soft chuckle escaping his lips as he looked into her eyes.

FROM THE ASHES, obi-wan kenobi ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें