You look around the room to see if there was any indication of time. A clock, a watch, a window to see the sun. Anything really.

Before the question of time was answered, the door opened as two people came in. Hawkeye and the Black Widow. Just your luck. You were in the Avengers Tower! Thanks universe.

Both of the visitors had light bags under their eyes, but held faces of pure determination. Apparently you'd been their entertainment of the evening.

You quickly glance above their heads to read their secrets. You're nearly put into shock at Black Widow's, but manage to mask it in time. Hopefully.

"Who are you?" She asked, her hands on her hips.

"Guess."

"I'm not in the mood for games."

"Who said you're playing?"

"Just answer the question."

You look between the two of them, and make your decision. "You won't like my answer."

"Try me." Widow said.

"Not you, him." You gestured to Hawkeye. If this were a friendly conversation, you'd be overjoyed to have met them; and probably much more polite. But this wasn't a friendly conversation. "His secret is too big to share."

"I have no secrets."

"Well then, I guess the name 'Laura Barton' doesn't mean anything to you. Or 'Li-"

"NO! No." he clenched his fists, thinking everything over. He never had wanted to put them in danger. And now you knew. "I uh- I need to go." He left the room, leaving you with the Black Widow. Her expression was a mix between, 'I'm going to kill you', and 'why would you ever do that'.

"Where did you get that information?" She sneered.

"I didn't. Don't worry, I'm the only one who knows."

"How. Did. You. Know."

"Would you believe me if I said I read his diary?"

She glared at you. Apparently this wasn't the time for jokes. Even nearly literal ones.

"Ok, sorry. I have an ability to read all secrets of any given person. Usually, I don't go peeking, unless this type of thing happens." You give her a smile. If your trick worked, the blame was just shifted from you to her, labeling you as an innocent.

She grit her teeth, and left you. You heard the door lock. Great. Trapped in a hospital room in the Avengers tower. How could this possibly get worse?

*

(Avengers pov)

"What happened in there?" Tony said, as Natasha exited the ward.

"She can read secrets." was all the explanation she gave, as she ran off to find Clint. He had stormed out of the room a few minutes before.

"Great. Does anyone not have life threatening secrets that can't be exposed?"

Everyone was silent. Of course everyone had to have emotional secrets over the events in their life. There was one option though... the only option. But he needed time to get there anyway.

"I'll do it." Bruce said.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Steve said.

Tony looked up from his phone. He was texting the new recruit, but it seemed he wouldn't be able to make it. Something about a field trip. "You're kind of, like, the worst option."