Chapter Thirty-Four

(Your Pov)

"Thank you Mr. Stark!" A voice could be heard outside your room. It had been a few days since you first woke up, and you were healing well. You had discovered the extent of your scars on day three, when you finally made it to the bathroom mirror. You were horrified... but it seemed they were clearing up now. Well, they were fading at least. Just like they always did.

The door burst open, revealing your favorite spider. "Y/N!"

"Peter!"

"Mr. Loki!"

"Spiderling!"

You and Peter burst out giggling, laughing at how perfectly timed everything was. Loki seemed confused, as well as Natasha and Steve who were in the room.

"It's been forever!" Pete said, heading over to hug you. You sat up in bed, as he oh-so-gently hugged you. "I came the moment I could, and I brought some stuff. May wanted to give you flowers, but I knew it couldn't fit in my backpack."

"I bet." You noticed then that a certain cat of yours was exploring the room. You gasped. "Leo!"

His head turned to you, and he sprinted over. Your little calico cat. He hadn't seen you in two months! You had to make sure he was ok.

"Oh, yeah. I've been cat-sitting him since... uh- since you left. He's been perfect, don't worry."

"I'd hope he would. Otherwise I might have to leave again just to teach him a lesson." Leo was purring on your chest, obviously glad of your return. His head rubbed against your chest, as he curled up in your arms. "Yes, yes. I missed you too."

"So I brought a pack of cards, Uno, Monopoly, and Ned even made Gerbil real! So I brought that too." He said, rambling off his list of games.

"Seems I'll never be bored again."

"Nope! I also brought movies, and Ned offered to lend you his Netflix account, but I told him that Mr. Stark had one for you already."

"Tony did what!" After nearly three months of no payments, you'd assumed your Netflix would have long been deactivated.

"Yeah. You've got Netflix for the rest of your life. As well as all the other streaming services, 'cuz I don't actually know what you like to watch."

"Wow. I- uh, thanks." It was amazing the team thought to the tiniest details, making sure you still had things like Netflix. Honestly, Netflix! "That really means a lot guys."

Tony smiled from the doorframe, as Peter started stacking the games he brought onto your bedside table.

Seems you've finally found your family.

*

Hours of playing and laughing later, Peter finally had to go. He had come as soon as he could, which happened to be after school on a Wednesday. Which meant that he still had a ton of homework to do before tomorrow, although he did apologize a million times for leaving.

Which led to the others inevitably leaving, and you and Loki alone in the room again. You weren't stable enough to be released yet -apparently- so you had to stay in the medbay. Loki often stayed with you, although this was the longest you've stayed up since. It was barely even six, meaning you still had plenty of time until your 'bedtime'.

"Hey Loki?" You start the conversation, thinking if this was really what you wanted to do. And after a few days of thought... it was.

"Hm?" He had been reading a book, as you played solitaire on the end of your bed. Technically you were supposed to be resting, but this counted as such in your mind.

"I trust you. From when I first met you, I trusted you." He glances up from his book, finally realising this wasn't a casual conversation.

"And I cherish your confidence in me." He replied, as you finished packing Peter's cards back up. You placed them on your nightstand, thinking of how you wanted to word this. He deserved to know, and even if you only told him part of the story, there was no one you would rather trust with this knowledge.

"I have a confession, and although it's very bizarre and tentative, you deserve to know." Loki looked at you strangely, hesitant almost. He nodded for you to continue. "When I was... sleeping, I visited the stretch between life and death." You glance at him, not knowing how much he knew about such things. Surely Asgard had tales of events of such, but that was Asgard. The entire matter was still confusing for you. "And Loki, I met your sister."

He laughed. Not a full on laugh, but enough that you were confused by it. He glanced up, and upon seeing your expression he grew confused as well.

"I don't have a sister."

"Then you have an adopted sister. Odin's firstborn."

"Thor is-"

"Apparently not." You interrupted him, before taking his hand in your own. You needed his comfort for this next step. "Her name is Hela, and she's the queen of Helheim. And now I owe her a favor."

"Why?" He grew worried, as he started assuming the worst. "Why Y/N?"

"For my memories." You whisper, and he stares back at you stunned. You elaborate. "She gave me everything, but I'm scared Loki. Remember how I said there was a reason I had forgotten everything? What if that reason is so horrible that I want to erase them again? I don't want to forget everything, but there might be some horrible thing that is only a problem if I remember." You confide in your love, in your Loki, hoping he could understand what you were going through. And you knew -to an extent- that he did. He had been confused before over whether or not it would have been simpler if he never had found out of his heritage.

"Darling, if there is anything that you are, it is that you are brave. You are amazingly and stubbornly brave. I have no doubt that whatever happened in your past, whoever you used to be, it made you who you are today. And you are perfect." He kissed your knuckles, as you gazed into each other's eyes. "I will always be here for you, no matter what. I love every part of you, and nothing could ever change that."

"Thank you." You whisper, squeezing his hand. It was time you knew. Knew everything. "I'll be right back."

And then you let yourself go.

*

A wind whipped around your hair, as you gazed around your mind. You knew that was where you were, although you couldn't exactly know why. Your mind looked barren, although you knew it was far from it. Winds whipped around the dreamscape, all seeming to swarm into one particular area. One door, bright blue with a golden doorknob. It was iconic, and you felt as though you had seen it a thousand times before. Voices whispered in between the gales, shadows creeping through the corners that didn't quite line up right. You swallowed, knowing what had to be done.

You were ready. It was time. You wanted to know about your past, where all these powers came from.

But what if it didn't? What if your questions aren't answered? What if you just release more pain, with nothing to help you through it.

'I will always be here for you.' Loki's voice floated inside your mind, as the quote practically spiraled around your dreamy form. He was always there for you. With you, always.

With new found confidence, you grip the metallic handle. Here goes. You crack it open, letting everything fly out and into your mind.

You were finally free.