Chapter Seventeen

(A/N: The gif doesn't really make sense, but I couldn't find anything more relevant, so...)

An obstacle course. One worthy of six superheroes. Not any heroes either, it was the Avengers. And you had to complete it.

Something horrible was going to happen.

But you had no choice. Besides. It was only until you got to the other side. You could survive until then. Right?

Probably?

So you stood, eyeing the swinging, smashing, moving, shifting, spinning obstacle course in front of you. With absolutely no other choice, you chance the odds of surviving. 100%. You will not die by 'obstacle course'.

Now just hope no one does either.

"Ready?"

"Absolutely not, but there's not much of another choice, is there?"

"It'll only take a second. You can start in five... four... three... two... Go!" Steve said, and you started, jumping and dodging along.

The arrows never took the fastest path. Almost never. So you had to be the one timing it. Each jump, climb, swing, sprint, and leap of faith. It all had to be you, yet still in time with the arrows. And somehow, it felt natural. Like you've been doing this your whole life. But you haven't- Have you?

There were a few close calls. A few 'almost injured' hits, a few too close for comfort jumps. But none the less, you hadn't died, yet.

Eventually, you manage to get to the midpoint. Or... somewhere around there. You've climbed the tallest 'peak' in the room, looking over the rest of them. You were simply taking a break, before heading back down. You hadn't done this much agility in... as far back as you can remember.

Then the loudest crash could be heard from the stairs. Everyone turned to investigate, as Leo came bounding out. He started sprinting around the room, weaving inbetween everyone's legs.

"One hundred percent Leo will be fine." You say, and simply watch the chaos below you. Half the team is chasing the crazy cat, the other half were laughing their asses off. And Leo was still going crazy. It made you wonder what set him off like that.

He was sprinting around, and started to head towards the obstacle course. That'd never end well. You willed for him to turn around, and he did-

But not without knocking over a tower.

And like dominos, one tower led to the next, and the next- all the way until the second biggest tower was heading straight for the one you were on now.

You quickly check for the arrows, and see that they're leading onto the leaning tower. With no better idea, you leap onto the second largest tower in the room.

Right as the largest one, the one you were previously on, starts to tip-

-Towards the other Avengers.

"Move!" You shout, willing for them to run. And they do, at least the ones that could hear you.

Clint still hadn't put his hearing aids in. And he was right in the crash zone.

"Clint!" Everyone shouted at once, to no avail. He still hadn't put his hearing aids back in. Damn you Clint, always getting yourself almost killed.

There was no time. Not to rescue him and still manage to escape with your own life. None of the team could manage it. He was going to be squashed- unless...

"One hundred percent Clint and everyone else won't die by being squashed." You say, willing for Clint to survive. And he did.

He was alive. He leapt out of the way just in time. The tower didn't hit anybody.