I didn't even want to argue with her this morning. 

 "Do you know what happened to the family next door in the Hamptons? The Giudice's. It's been a while since we've seen them. Like two summers." I asked my mom

She gave me a confused look. "What?"

Yeah, I forgot she wasn't involved in my life all that much unless it involved the reputation of this family or college. How did I expect her to know? I was raised by two narcissists.

"Do you know what your brother is talking about?" my mom asked my brothers.

They spent most of the summer drinking, hooking up with girls, or smoking. I didn't expect them to know either.

"Nope." they both chimed.

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, whatever. I'm going to head to school so I can get coffee before."

"Oh wait!" my mom stopped me.

For a moment I thought she would want to take a picture or tell me to have a good day or maybe she packed my lunch for once.

"Are you talking about Riley?" she asked me.

I just stared at her. "That wasn't her name."

"Well, I don't know." she went back to drinking her juice. "Bye."

Love you too.

I got into my car and put down the roof.

There was nothing like fresh air in your face.

So I got my coffee and headed to school.

"There he is!"Lachlan hooted as I sat down on the bench. "How were the Hamptons? Did you get lots of girls?"

I shook my head with a small grin. "I don't kiss and tell."

Truthfully no.

I just spent a lot of my days reading, surfing, and minding my business. That was peaceful enough for me. I really didn't want to be that guy that went through ten different girls.

Partially because I was known to be clingy and it was hard for me to let go.

Caden told us how he messed around with half of the cheer team, Adler spent most of the summer partying with Caden, and Beau traveled around Asia with his family.

They talked about all of the parties we were going to or throwing this year. I wasn't opposed to it since you only get one senior year.

We went to classes, goofed off a bit, and I couldn't wait to go home and go to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about how tired and disengaged I was.

"Ah, a fellow Italian. Ryan Giudice?" Mr. Reggio called out an all too familiar name.

The same name that I was trying to remember this morning.

I turned to look at the girl who had the same brown hair and always tanned skin that I remembered.

No fucking way.

Seven summers together so there's no way that I'd ever forget her.

There was only one Ryan Giudice and she was still as beautiful as ever.

I still remember teasing her about having a boy name and all the good times that we had together.

The Hamptons seemed so empty without her.

Throughout the class, I couldn't help but take glances at her.

Like there was my Ryan.

It felt like she fell off the edge of the Earth but she was right there.