001. . . brooklyn museum

Start from the beginning

As she continued her commute to work, Mulan couldn't help but reminisce over everything that's changed, herself included.  She absolutely cannot fathom how 1,000 years passed and she's still standing strong with all the baggage she's been holding. She's seen and done a lot of things that would destroy the normal person physically and mentally. Gently shaking her head to get rid of those thoughts, Mulan repeats to herself like a mantra "You're strong, you're strong, you're strong".

Entering the museum Mulan realizes she's really early with only 2 of her coworkers and the cleaners being there which she's pretty surprised about. They have a new art exhibit opening up and her boss, Mr. Delany, has always been a 雞巴 or dick on opening days like this one, something about wanting it to be perfection and topping the last, but she wouldn't know since she usually spaces out whenever he gets into rants like that. For such a short chubby man he sure has a lot of lung space to talk that much.

Walking past the ticketing booth, she greets the person on duty there with a dazzling smile and a "Hello" in which they return. When Mulan reaches her destination, she sets down her pancakes and bag, takes out her planner to see which tours she has to host for the day, and prepares for them. With the first one being the new art exhibit, Mulan prays to Confucius that she doesn't fuck it up and it meets her bosses standards of perfection. She's already female, and Asian on top of that, in this society she needs nothing else stacked on top of her right now.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Words cannot describe how pissed Bucky was.  Out of all his years of being Steve's best friend, this is the first he's wanted to to punch him in the throat. After coming back from the post office to drop off some bills he oh so 'accidentally' bumped into this pretty dame he saw and put his flirting skills at work to score a date for the evening when his best friend interrupts him. 

Bucky's smirk droops a little and his eyebrows furrow in confusion looking at the girl who eyes were previously focused on his blue gray ones look past him to an approaching figure over his shoulder. "BUCK....BUCKY....!" Steve yelled in-between pauses to catch his breath from running. Bucky knows he wouldn't have ran unless it was important because of his asthma so he quickly excuses himself from the lady and meets his friend halfway. "Thank god I found you, we gotta go like now!" Steve croaks out trying not to chuck up from breathing so hard.

"Steve, I swear on everything this better be important because you see that girl over there was so close to going out with me." Bucky whispers ticking his head in her direction.

Steve glances over to her and sees the girl looking back at him with disgust and slight arrogance, so now he feels even better for stopping the date from happening. "Well last week we got to do what you wanted and I ended up sitting alone with my root beer in a dance hall while you...fondued with that dame. You promised that the week after we could do what I wanted so we have to go now!" Steve hurryingly said surprising himself and Bucky that he could say all of that in one go.

Bucky squeezes his eyes tightly shut remembering he did in fact say that and mutters under his breath, "I should give you a knuckle sandwich," which Steve catches and widens his eyes in surprise as Bucky looks behind his shoulder and says, "Sorry honey I gotta raincheck 'cause-" Steve doesn't even wait for him to finish and drags him off to his place of choice, the Brooklyn museum.

On their way to the museum Bucky kept questioning what could possibly catch his friends interest in this way. He's seen Steve in an array of emotions, but he's seeing excitement in its truest form when grunting or mhm-ing every now and then while listening to Steve ramble on and on about the new art exhibit opening up in less than 30 minutes.  After about 25 minutes they reach the museum and approach the ticketing booth, paying for their tickets as the person working the stands hands them each a ticket with an "Enjoy your tour!" Bucky replies with a normal thank you.

Steve says "You too," realizes what he says and flushes with embarrassment as Bucky laughs it off with a soft punch to his bony shoulder. 

Bucky had to admit it did look beautiful and they did a good job with the reveal. He gazed around the portion of the museum they were lead to where a group of people, which he assumed were in their tour group as well, were standing. The exhibit contained tall walls decked in pictures and statues dispersed around the floor with podiums explaining the history of the pieces of art. To the left were some party snacks and sparkling water and to the right a hallway leading to some other destination.  Now Steve looked like he was about to pass out. He was like a kid in the candy store and Bucky had to hold him back from running to everything with that dang curiosity of his driving him to do so.

But the real thing that took both of the boys by awe was the woman taking long strides to the group gaining confidence with each step she took. Catching the desire of each man there (of course except for our two respectful babies) and envy of the females for her looks or the way she carried herself with such power and grace. She wore a below-the-knee-cut plaid skirt, dainty black heels, and a long-sleeved black blouse. With her long hair in voluminous curls and plump lips stained red, she was a stunner, simple as that. The two Brooklyn boys have never been as star-struck before than right then, yeah they've seen other ladies but her, she was a baby doll. Bucky immediately took back all those negative thoughts about wanting to kill Steve, for he had brought an angel into his life

𝖲𝗈𝖿𝗍𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗒: 𝖢𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗋𝗈

𝖲𝗈𝖿𝗍𝗅𝗒 𝖻𝗒: 𝖢𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗋𝗈

"Didnt mean to get so close,and i know that I should probably go but i got this feeling, tell me girl i gotta know, Touch you softly I call you late at night—"

and i know that I should
probably go but i got this feeling,
tell me girl i gotta know, Touch you
softly I call you late at night—"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲 /  hey, so I hoped yall enjoyed with this being the first real chapter with dialogue, settings, and all that jazz. Also i added the background info on Mulan's adjustment to her new world/surroundings. lowkey feel like it was bland but n e ways