chapter 9

edited!

Your POV

"I-Of course Tommy!" You say, cheeks reddening at his odd yet sweet request.

You scoot closer to him, and motion for him to do the same.

"Okay, so, you put your hands on my waist," You say, placing your hands on top of his and guiding them towards your waist. You see a blush creeping up onto Tom's face which makes you smile.

"I put them here," You say, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Now, you step like this. Follow my feet."

You shuffle from side to side for a while, and then try ballroom dancing with him, stepping backwards, to the side, forward, and to the opposite side.

You stay like this for a while, swaying side to side. He looks at you with his big brown eyes. You look at him back.

"What?" You ask. He smiles. "Nothing."

-

It was 3 hours before prom night.

You planned on going out to prom with the high school popular boy, Zack.

You did indeed have a date with a jock named Zack.

There was no denying it; he was cute. You were frankly surprised that he had even asked you, but nonetheless, you're glad he did. No one else had asked you.

No one knew you said yes though, not even Tom. You were planning on surprising him.

Even though you had multiple cuts on your legs, you moved onto applying a face mask, and then plucking your eyebrows.

You hop into the shower, doing a full exfoliation routine for both your skin and hair.

Typical prom day things.

Your mom came into your room. "Want me to do your hair?" She said.

You smile gratefully and nodded. She started curling your hair.

"So, who are you going to prom with?" She asks.

"Oh, this boy named Zack. He's cute," You say back. You always had a good relationship with your mom, and you could tell her everything. So, telling her about guys wasn't a big deal.

"Oh, that's a shame. Thought you'd go with Tom." She said, kind of disappointed.

Your heart stops. Tom? What? Why did your mom think that you'd go with Tom?

"What? Mom, we've been best friends since day 1. We don't like each other. Plus, I think he's already asked someone," You say, brown furrowed in confusion.

"Honey, I've seen the way he looks at you. It's the same way your dad used to look at me," She says.

Your lips part as she says this, and you don't say anything back due to shock. You don't know how to react.

Does he really like me?

You stay silent until your mom finishes up with your hair. She tied a few pieces of your hair back with a silk, white ribbon, leaving out some curled strands by your face.