chapter 8

edited!

As you wipe your eyes and clean up your face, you hear the doorbell ring.

Tom stands at the entrance of the door with both his hands behind his back.

"I brought chocolates and roses, your favourite flower!" Tom says, as he brings the chocolate from behind his back out.

"Tommy, you didn't have to!" You gush, your heart bursting at the amount of kindness he had

"How are you feeling?" He asks sympathetically as he steps inside.

"I'm fine, just an emotional wreck is all," You say, chuckling lightly, heading upstairs.

As Tom sits down on your bed he asks you, "So, are you ready to talk about what happened there?"

"Ugh, I guess," You roll your eyes playfully.

You recall your argument with Lily, and tell him how you felt. It hurt you thinking about it. You and Lily never had an argument, especially over a guy. It felt weird, to say the least, but your emotions washed over you.

Tom's jaw dropped. "Are you kidding me? She really said that?" He says in utter shock.

You nod.

"Listen. You know you can get any guy. Her and Timothée won't last that long either. Don't worry," He says reassuringly.

"And how do you know that?" You ask, crossing your arms.

"I just know."

"Alright then Tommy, I won't question you." You say, laughing lightly.

-

The following day, you woke up tired as hell. You felt so sleepy, even after getting 10 hours of sleep.

You groan and slip out of bed, checking your phone.

"Holy shit! Prom is in two days?" You thought.

"Shit, I need to buy a dress," You mumbled.

-

Two hours later you ended up at the mall with Tom.

It was fun shopping with Tom, he was truly such a fun person to be around - he made you forget about everything that happened with Lily. His positive energy, and his constant efforts to make you laugh made you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, you just didn't know why.

The two of you walked into a dress store.

"Now, I only can use $100 bucks on a dress, and $100 more on accessories and makeup and hair. My mom won't let me spend any more money," You state as you're looking through dresses, trying to find one in budget.

"Good thing you have me. I'm the best at finding stuff with low prices," He grins.

"I can't say I disagree.." You trail off.