Chapter Fourteen

Abby's car came to a screeching halt as she gripped the steering wheel so tightly that her knuckles turned white. She got to Jax's house in record time, thankful that Roosevelt or one of his men weren't patrolling the roads at that time. The last thing she wanted to do was tell the new Lieutenant why she was driving like a bat out of Hell. Roosevelt had a hard on for the club, so she didn't want to reveal more than being Bobby's niece to the new force in town.

Throwing her door open, she just managed to grab her purse as she exited the driver's seat. As she approached the front door, she could see a light on in the kitchen. Taking a deep breath, she entered the Teller household.

Taking two steps into the kitchen, Abby froze when she saw him laid out on the table. Her heart began to beat rapidly inside her chest, and she felt slightly dizzy. Juice was lying on his stomach while Tara worked over him, stitching up his leg. Her body felt like lead as she stared blankly ahead. It wasn't until she heard Chibs say her name quietly that she averted her eyes.

He nodded toward the entry way that she had just come from. Not saying anything to Juice or Tara, she stepped out of the kitchen to meet him.

"What happened?" she questioned, trying to keep her voice calm.

"Everything has been chaotic, so I haven't had a quiet moment to find out more than what I know," he paused and touched her forearm. "We had something stolen from the warehouse. We knew it was either one of ours or one of Alvarez's crew. Juice went to take a piss in the woods and came across Miles with the missing merchandise."

Abby scrunched up her nose and furrowed her brow trying to comprehend what was going on. She knew better than to ask what merchandise. She could only imagine it was some sort of firearm, but then again, who knew what the Sons had their hands in now. "Miles stole something of the clubs?"

Chibs nodded, scratching his head. "When Juice confronted him, he pulled his gun on Juice. Juice must have tackled him, got shot in the leg during the scuffle, then as Miles was pulling his knife out Juice shot him."

Abby tried to take it all in. She didn't know Miles that well, but the little bit she knew about him had her in shock that he would jeopardize his place with the Sons. Something seemed off. Locking eyes with Chibs, she asked, "Do you have any idea why Miles would do that?"

"Beats the hell out of me. I thought it was one of the prospects or Alvarez's guy. I'm hoping Miles said something to Juice so we can figure this out."

She nodded, not saying anything. This just seemed surreal to her. Up until her return to Charming, she tried to stay out of club business. Even when she was here before, she didn't want to know about the beefs with other groups, the guns and whatever else they found themselves involved with. It just seemed odd to her that one of the guys would do something like this. All the club members she knew, past and present, were loyal to a fault.

"I didn't want to worry ya, but I thought with Juice being involved in Lucas's life now..."

Abby grabbed Chibs's hand and stared at him intently. "I'm glad you told me. You did the right thing. I need to know these things because ultimately it effects his relationship with Lucas."

Chibs squeezed her hand, then wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. As she felt his arms envelope her, she felt her body relax for the first time since his phone call to her. Chibs had this calming effect on her that was welcoming. As she relaxed even more into his embrace, she heard someone cough behind them.

"I'm finished," Tara announced softly from behind her.

"Thanks, doc," Chibs acknowledged. "Appreciate it."