Epilogue

Authors Note: Firstly, thank you ever so much for all your kind comments and messages. You probably have no idea how much they mean to me, especially after the mess of the fic that shall not be named. I know I don't reply to many comments left on my stories, simply because it's a time issue (I just don't have time to respond to every comment/message and would rather not answer any than upset people by being selective) but please know I read and appreciate every single one. Secondly, there is a sequel to this story; "United Fronts" :) Enjoy xx

Harry gently squeezed the sponge and chuckled as the warm water trickled down over Jonah’s head and dripped onto the fluffy towel underneath. Jonah’s nose wrinkled and he squirmed, kicking his legs up in surprise. He didn’t seem upset with the sponge bath though, it was his third one after all, but he did seem a little shocked by the sensation of the dripping water. Harry guessed it would take a while for the kid to get used to it. He dipped the sponge back into the bowl and then trickled it over Jonah’s head again. Jonah’s eyes went even wider this time and his mouth opened in comedic surprise as he started kicking again with extra vigour. Harry giggled and then pulled a face down at him - giggling even more as Jonah goggled back.

“What are you giggling at?” Louis enquired, slowly walking out of the shower-room as he rubbed a towel through his damp hair. He was limping a bit – still feeling the ache of his wound. Harry knew better than to fuss over him though. The pain was a physical reminder that he’d just been cut up like a woman so Louis’ dented pride was making him act as manly as possible about the pain, i.e. pretending it didn't exist. Harry was willing to indulge him in so far as it was safe.

“Just watch his expression when I do this,” said Harry, in reply to Louis’ question, dipping the sponge back in the bowl before squeezing it out gently over Jonah's forehead.

As Jonah made his ‘shocked’ face again, Louis giggled and tucked his chin over Harry’s shoulder, “Nawww, that’s so cute. He’s got your expression all over, Haz.”

Harry blinked in surprise and twisted his head, “What do you mean my expression? I don’t make that expression… do I?”

“You do,” Louis confirmed, struggling to hold a straight face, “every time an interviewer asks you about the latest girl rumours. You haven’t a clue how to react and you pull that expression. It’s pretty entertaining.”

“You’re so mean,” Harry pouted, turning his attention back to Jonah. “Your Daddy’s making fun of me,” he complained, tickling Jonah’s tummy with the sponge. “What do you say to that?”

Jonah paused and then sneezed.

“He says that’s bogies!” Harry announced victoriously, before sponging Louis in the face.

~*~

Three days later…

“Where’s Louis?” Liam asked curiously as Harry approached their flat with Jonah in his carrier.

“Just coming,” Harry replied, a little breathlessly, as he gently put the carrier seat down on the ground next to the bags. A ripple of excitement rushed through him as he looked up at their door; Louis and Jonah were finally home today. Jonah was finally going to get to sleep in his own cot in his own room, it was kind of surreal and utterly amazing. Harry just hoped the kid liked it. And Louis… Louis would, finally, be back in their bed too. That made Harry feel ridiculously giddy. He had missed Louis’ presence so much and while they had frequently slept beside one another in the hospital it had been just too cramped to enjoy properly.