Chapter 12: Mr. Sanford

Mulai dari awal

"I didn't tell you that. Who-"

"I visited Marcus before coming here. He couldn't quit talking about the rare gem that is Sophia Andrews. She must be one hell of young woman to have him praising her. She even finished that equation that was in his office."

Luca wasn't made aware of the second fact. He had seen the board a few times in Marcus' office and when asked. He said it was a challenge problem that he had been trying to solve for some time. No one could seem to answer it.. not even Luca.

"I knew that he was fond of her, I didn't not about the equation... it doesn't surprise me."

Luca looks up to find his dad with a knowing smile on his face. Luca rolls his eyes before trying to look busy. Xavier watched utterly astounded by the sight before him. His son is not one to act out of character but he is more than acting differently right now. His son doesn't smile and certainly doesn't roll his eyes like a sassy teen.

"What exactly did she do?" He asked intrigued. Luca begins smiling down at the paperwork making Xavier's heart warm. His son is smiling and that only by the mere thought of a woman.

"She called the men daft and told them they didn't have balls."

Xavier throws his head back laughing as his son grins. "Wow... she sounds a lot like your mother."

"Speaking of which, where is she?"

Xavier looks to his watch with furrowed brows. "I'm not sure, she was with me in Marcus' office but had to make a trip to the washroom. She should be here by now."

Luca's eyes widen in panic before he hastily jumps up from his seat and walks briskly to his office door. Pulling the door open, his heart hammers in his chest finding his mother talking to Sophia. The sound of the door opening bringing both women's attention to him. His eyes focusing on Sophia hoping his mother didn't make her uncomfortable. Movement makes him glance to his mother who is smiling widely walking to him before looking right back at the woman who has captured his attention.

"Mom, this is my assistant, Ms. Andrews."

"Yes Luca, we have been acquainted."

Luca doesn't bother looking aware from the ever green eyes that have enraptured him. Her eyes are looking deep within his own. He feels his heart speed up just by looking at her. The effect she has on him is instantaneously. His mother wraps her arm around his hugging it. He wanted to step forward towards Sophia but his mother's next words stop him in his tracks.

"She said she is your temporary assistant."

His body goes rigid. He doesn't like the way that leaves a sour taste in his mouth. She said that previously but he'll be damn if he gives her up. She makes him feel human and he wants her. He is not an idiot to not be aware of what is happening. He just needs more time to convince her of that. Luca gave a forced smile to his mother.

"Ms. Andrews, could you please come join me in my office?"

"Of course sir"

He doesn't know why but he isn't sure if he likes the way that sounds or not. He holds his arm out for his mom who turns and glances back before walking into his office. Luca remains by the door hoping to see into those eyes that could give him some kind of reassurance. She walks over and slows as she reaches him. His heart accelerating in the confines of his chest. She looks to him with such kind eyes he finds it hard to breathe. He nods before tipping his head towards his office.

He let's her go first but she seems to be stuck where she stands. He then realizes that both his parents are looking directly at her. He places his hand at the base of her back pressing her to step forward. She seems to move but slowly looking so unsure of herself. Luca almost wants laugh but thinks better of it. He knew his father could be intimidating but to him, he never looked that way.