Chapter Eighteen - The Baby

Start from the beginning

"So?"

"So, who are you to speak for me?" (Y/N) was on the verge of starting to growl at her classmate.

"I'm older than you."

The girl's eyebrows twitched. ‘Well, you're acting like you're ten years younger than me!‘ she thought about saying, but didn't. That fight was getting her nowhere, so there was no use continuing it. She sighed loudly and looked at the old man who was watching the show, quite entertained, for some reason. "Mr. Joestar... Let's just..." Then, suddenly, (Y/N) got a plan. After glancing once more at Jotaro, to make sure whether the boy was still holding onto her bag or not, she spotted the woman holding the baby, that being the spot where she was supposed to get. Just when Jotaro thought he had won the argument, the girl let the bag fall off her back and ran pass the old man, making her way to the child. Before the black haired boy could even think about catching her, Pure Silence's arms arose from (Y/N's), immediately healing the small baby, waking him up. It was a bit odd that the child started laughing at her, but it was also cute.

However, when the girl tried to hand the baby to the woman, she refused. "It still has to be taken to the hospital!" she said, pushing the child's basket back to (Y/N).

"But the child is completely fine now!"

With her Arabic accent, the woman hissed. "I don't care about your magic tricks, girlie, I want a doctor to check on that baby!"

Glaring at the woman, (Y/N) took three steps back, bumping into someone. She looked behind, seeing Mr. Joestar, who might've just helped her. "Mr. Joestar, you saw it, r-right?"

The old man sighed, putting his prosthetic hand on the girl's shoulder. "I did, but we don't have time for arguments, since I really want to leave this place... We all do..."

Sighing, (Y/N) simply nodded and, holding the baby close to her chest she walked pass the four man, stopping next to the plane. She could feel the deadly look Jotaro was giving her, but it was not like she cared about the boy glaring at her. Even though she knew she couldn't just take advantage of his own words, the question ‘did you really think I'd hit you‘ was loudly echoing inside of her head. He might've been rough with her sometimes, but he had never hit her. I'll give him this.‘ the voice inside (Y/N's) head approved.

However, something had clearly changed since they all left her hometown, so far during that journey. Something like the relationship between the two classmates. While the girl was slowly changing her mind about Jotaro, the boy was trying to understand some new thoughts and emotions towards (Y/N). It was harder than expected though, since both of them had their own ups and downs.

When the time of getting in the plane finally came, Mr. Joestar decided that while him and Jotaro would stay in front, the others will stay with the baby in the back. As the old man started the engine, he muttered. "I told them this would be dangerous."

Polnareff immediately tried to reassure him that everything was going to be fine. "Oi, just try and take it easy, Mr. Joestar! There's nothing you need to worry about! (Y/N) right here was made to take care of babies like this one!" he exclaimed chuckling. However, when she heard him, the girl could not help but hit the Frenchman with her elbow, making him yelp. "What was that for?" he whined.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes and glared at him, until he turned and switched his gaze away from her. The girl couldn't stand the men who thought that women belonged to the kitchen or that all they were meant to do was to take care of children. There there was her mother, who was a hard worker, so (Y/N) was the one left to take care of the house. However, that was none of Polnareff's business.