Chapter 6

John pov

"Sure!"

"Wait really?" I just told Peggy I have to pretend to date her when my dad comes to visit, and she took it surprisingly well. 

ok so I don't think I said this in the phone call but john's dad is visiting him the next week to make sure he wasn't lying.

"Yeah! I don't mind, we are best friends after all." Peggy smiled. That's good. I was worried she wouldn't want to.

Peggy pov

I don't want to.

I mean I really like John. Like like like him. Maybe even love him. But he doesn't know that, and I don't wanna ruin our friendship by telling him, plus he's as straight as a spaghetti noodle. So I said I'd fake-date him. Maybe he'll see his feelings for me and we could date for real! But that's unlikely. I am just "and peggy" so it's not like anyone notices me. But John had changed that. He's the only one who has never said "and Peggy". That's why I love him so much. So maybe I'll have a chance after all. Just so y'all know there will be a.........PEGGY BOOK!! Ill say more at the end but look forward to that! Ok back to the story...

"So do we start dating now or...." I ask hesitantly. "Yeah i guess so...but we have to tell the group that we're actually dating, you know how bad they are at lying." John grimaced

He's right, one time I had a gift for Eliza and I made the mistake of showing the group what I got her and the next day Alex completely ruined the surprise. "Wait! Everyone knows that your gay. So....why would you be dating me?"

John looks at me smiling. "We can just tell them that I realized that I'm actually straight! And that it's not my dad's fault." 'That could work...' I think to myself. Maybe, just maybe, we can pull this off. And maybe John will realize that he's in love with me! Oh gosh....I sound like Eliza!! I need to rephrase that....Ok! Maybe Jon will fall in love with me while we're fake dating? Yea..that works.

Back to our normal person(Alex pov)

I was on the way to the Schuyler Mansion to meet up with the rest of the Revolutionary Squad™. Apparently John had something huge to tell us. Maybe it was something about his dad? I don't know. Anyway while I was driving I got a call from Thomas. Yes. The Thomas Jefferson, my longtime rival, my high school bully, and my annoying classmate called me. We had been talking ever since he and James Madison broke up. I could tell he was down so I gave him a cookie and we've gotten a lot closer since then. He even apologized for the bullying he and his old friend group did. That really surprised me.

"Hey Thomas, what up!"

"Hi Alex. Nothing really, I had some time before my next class so I decided to call you."

I chuckle "Oh so that's what I am now, a time filler?"

"Haha what! No, not at all!"

"Mmhm ok. So how have you been? Anything interesting happen in your art class lately?"

"Actually yes! We were painting and David was flinging his paint brush around like crazy. Then it flew from his hand and hit Mrs. Brewers the back of her head! She got so pissed and threw a sponge at him. It was hilarious! "

"Hahahahah! Did she hit him? "

"Yep! And then-oh shoot Alex I gotta go my next class starts soon."

"Oh ok I have to go too, it was nice talking to you! Bye!"

"Bye!"

Click

I hang up as I pull into the Schuyler Mansion and park in the driveway. It looks like I'm the second one to arrive. Nice. When I knock on the door Eliza opens it and I hear laughing coming from inside. 

"Alex hey! Come on in!" Gosh I don't know how to end this. Send help.

Ok I'm just going to time skip to when everyone is there and sitting on the couch eating cookies (can you tell I like cookies? I realized I say that word a lot😝)

We were sitting on the couch watching the greatest musicals of all time, Heathers, Mean girls, and Miranda, when John paused it abruptly. "I..Uh... I have something to tell you guys. Me and....*ahem*...me and Peggy are.....dating. I-um realized that I am, actually straight! But just so you know this is not because of my dad or anything he had nothing to do with this."

I choked on my cookie and spit it out in surprise. Once those words sunk in my heart shattered. I thought he was gay? I thought he could be....mine. Everyone else looked stunned too but then started congratulating them. I couldn't take it and just left. I picked up my phone, my body shaking from the tears. 

"Tommy? We need to talk..."

Ok! So I know earlier in the chapter I said something about a Peggy book. And well....it's happening! I'm not sure when I'm going to start it but it'll be your regular "and Peggy" story. With maybe a few plot twists here and there. So, you can look forward to that, I'm going out try to get it out by February. I love you guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Have a great day/night! 💙💜💛💚💗💞💝💙💙 (910 words! including this because I don't feel like doing math lol)