Chapter 5

John's pov: 

I was with Laf and Herc at Starbucks. we were talking about our classes and somehow the conversation got to me having a crush on Alex. Herc looks at me smirking "So John...how's Alex?"

"uh...good?" I say confused. then i see his face and my eyes go wide. "OH. GOSH LAF NO! EW! what is wrong with you?!"Laf and Herc burst out laughing at my response. I was about to go on when i get a call from an unknown number. "hey guys I'll be right back" I say holding up my phone. the guys nod, still laughing their butts off. I roll my eyes and walk to the corner of the Starbucks

John: hello? who is this?

Unknown: Hi son. 

John: Dad?! W-ho- how did you get my number?

Henry: unimportant. do you remember our deal? stop being a f*g and get a girlfriend and I'll work on my drinking problem.

John: um...

Henry: WELL? DO YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND OR NOT?!

I flinch at my dad's screaming and lie

John: uh yeah! yeah i do...her name is uh.....Peggy? yeah Peggy. Peggy Schuyler.

henry: oh! your dating a Schuyler? huh. her father is rich right? yes, good job son.

wow. he actually sounds proud of me. just because I'm acting straight. I hate to to this to Peggy and Alex but I have to. my dad gets really abusive to me and my siblings when he's drunk so...

John: th-thanks dad. hey I have to go I guess I'll talk to you later.

Henry: ok. I'll start going to therapy on Monday ok! bye son! I'm so proud of you!

oh god. this is not good. i walk back over to the guys looking pretty sad. Laf notices this and looks at me with a concerned look on his face. "John mon ami what's wrong? who was on the phone?"

"my dad. he-uh. he made me go through a deal that i really didn't want to do but i promised and he said that if I did I could major in marine biology and he would go to therapy for his drinking problem." I say really fast. Laf and Herc look at me and ask the same question at the same time. 

"what was the deal?" dun dun duuuuuuuuunnn!

i look away " I had to get a girlfriend by today. and I - uh, I told him that I was dating Peggy...."

"WHAT!"

And that's the end!

Of the chapter, not the story. I hope you enjoyed and I'll try to have the next chapter by Thursday or Friday. Hope you have a good day/night and thanks for reading! love you 💙

423 words (sorry it was so short lol)