Chapter Six

Jenny is on the side!

[Six]

March 4th, 2014

*Lana*

I sit on my bed, looking at the desk that holds letters I've written to my brother. I have thought about sending them to let him know I'm okay. But sending out these letters will trace Castor right to the Shadow Pack. And with Castor, there is always an assembly of wolves behind him. I will not bring anymore death to this pack.

It has been a week since I told Landon about us being mates. He asked me to come stay in his room with him, and even though the invitation is very welcoming, I wasn't ready. I asked to stay in the Omega wing so I could be by Jenny. He wasn't too thrilled with the idea but eventually gave in.

We are yet to make it official. We haven't told the pack that I am his mate and he hasn't marked me. He has set the date for tomorrow at four in the afternoon. I knew that meant I would have to move into his room. Two mates sleeping in separate rooms is uncommon and it sends a bad message to the members of the pack. They need strong Alpha's who work together. Sharing different rooms would cause them to think we aren't willing to be a pair.

I admit, I am troubled with the fact of leaving this room. I have grown up living in rooms like these; having one as nice as an Alpha suite will overwhelm me. I'll be afraid of breaking something or leaving a smug on the comforter.

I exit my room, wearing sweat pants and one of Landon's plain black t-shirts. I was a little big on me, not to the point where I looked like a bag lady. My hair is braided to the side and I decided to not bother with make-up. There's no one I'm trying to impress, not when I am happily with Landon.

Landon is sitting at the kitchen table when I enter. His head turns in my direction and I stop to wrap and arm around his shoulders. He grabs my waist and lifts me so I am sitting sideways on his left leg. I hope I'm not hurting him, but as he smiles I come to the conclusion that I'm not. "Good morning." I press a soft kiss to his lips.

"Good morning, Lana." Landon then pulls his eyebrows together. He leans forward and presses his nose into my shoulder. What is he doing? Do I smell bad?! I tighten, trying to remember if I took a shower last night. Of course I did.... Did I not put deodorant on? Maybe my perfume is too strong... Landon lets out a low growl and then presses his lips to mine in a hard kiss. My heart accelerates as I tangle my fingers into his hair, holding him prisoner as he dominates my mouth. His tongue skims across my bottom lip, causing me to part my lips for him. His hands hold tight on my waist and I pulling me close against his chest.

He turns his head, pressing his lips to the crook of my neck. "You have no idea how sexy it is that you're wearing my shirt." I blush and bury my face into his shoulder, a smile playing at my lips. So maybe I stole his shirt while doing the laundry without his permission. It's not that big of a deal. He surly doesn't seem to mind, and neither do I. I love having his scent surround me. It helps me sleep.

Yes, I am in my pajamas. Sue me.

"You don't know how peaceful it is falling asleep in this shirt." I tell him, closing my eyes. We sit like that for a while, listen to each other's heart beats. I almost fall asleep to the sound. I'm exhausted from waking up so early. Why does he wake up at six every morning? He has the luxury of sleeping in till noon.

Everyone gets up this early, it's as if they are unable to sleep past six thirty. If I had a say about it, I'd sleep until eight.

Blondie walks into the kitchen, giving me a soft smile. I sit up, moving to get off Landon. It is inappropriate to be with my mate so intimately in front of our friends. But Landon doesn't seem to agree for he tightens his arms around me and squishes me against his chest. "Morning, Mason." He says to his best friend. Mason sits on Landon's right, sending me a wink.