Chapter Eight

[Eight]

March 5th, 2014

*Lana*

Once my alarm goes off for five o'clock, I press the snooze button. I have been laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling since two in the morning. I woke up and nerves settled deep within my stomach. I haven't been able to think about anything but the ceremony. It was going to be a grand celebration and I don't particularly enjoy being the center of attention.

As soon as it is announced that I am Luna of the Shadow Pack, it will be easier for Alpha Castor to hunt me down. News spreads quickly amongst the packs. Also, Landon sent a messenger to the Cossitt Pack yesterday to deliver a message straight to Trent.

The letter was generic. It told him that I was safe, that I found my mate and I'm happy. I gave no indication of my whereabouts, but I did tell him to visit soon. If he wishes to know where I am, then ask Leo, the messenger. He will give Trent directions but not the name of the pack.

I swing my legs out of bed and look at my room. It looked exactly the way it did when I came. I didn't have anything to add to the room, all I had were my clothes that are now in Landon's room. He had me move them into his closet and dresser last night, eager to move me into his room.

I look at the dress that is hanging on my door, gnawing on my lip. Landon sent Tami and Rachel to go pick out a dress for the occasion. It was black and short, coming down to just above my knees with a one shoulder strap. The left side has a cut out at my ribs, gathering at my abdomen and then flaring out at my waist. It was simple and elegant. Maybe one of the only dresses I'd be caught in public wearing.

Since the ceremony isn't until tonight, I decide to go help out in the kitchen. Meggy, Tami, and Jenny are already getting breakfast ready. They look at me, smiles on their faces. "Are you excited? It's a big day." Meggy says. I roll my eyes and take my place at the stove, preparing bacon and cheese omelets.

"A little. But nothing is going to change. Landon is allowing me to continue my Omega duties." I say, pouring the lightly whisked eggs into a greased skillets.

"But you will no longer be an Omega. You're going to be our Luna." Tami says, laughing lightly. I look over at her, shaking my head.

"I like my jobs as an Omega. Landon understands. Plus, he can't say no to me." I say, smiling like a maniac as the three girls giggle. Jenny bumps my shoulder and I roll my eyes. She seems to be more comfortable with everything since Landon apologized to her yesterday. He told her that after today, she will be given her rightful place as a Theta and will be training with Mason and Zane.

Saying she is excited is an understatement.

I hear someone in the dining area and I grab a plate full of omelets and walk out to see Mason sitting in his usual spot. He looks up at me and offers a soft smile. "Good morning, Lana." He says. I set the plate in the middle of the table and nod my head.

"Good morning, Blondie." I say, heading back into the kitchen to get his mug of coffee and Landon's orange juice.

Jenny already has them in her hands, holding them out to me as I enter the kitchen. I give her a 'thank you' and bring them to the kitchen table. Blondie accepts the coffee happily, taking a sip. I find it so weird that he drinks his coffee black. He doesn't peg me as a coffee drinker, let alone so bold and void of creamer.

I place the orange juice in Landon's spot and I sit down across from Mason. "Why do you get up so early?" I ask. Blondie doesn't even look tired. How can he not be tired? The sun isn't even out yet!

"So much to do. Have to start the day early, get everything done and then relax." He explains, taking another drink of his coffee before he takes a bite of the omelet. "This is really good by the way." He says, pointing his fork at the omelet on his plate. I smile. That was the first time I've ever been complimented on my food, it felt good to be appreciated.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I look to see Landon walking down with ease. With his wolf, he has a better sense of where he is and walks with more confidence. Landon takes his seat at the head of the table and reaches over to grab my hand. I slip it into his and he brings it up to his lips. "Good morning, beautiful." I blush at his words. If he could see me, he'd think differently.

I'm not sure I even brushed my hair this morning.

Ever since Landon found out he could gain his sight in wolf form, he has been shifting as many times as he can. He told me that what he missed the most was seeing the sky. I have heard that blind peope usually missed the sky most, but it's different when you hear it first hand. It makes you think how we take our sight for granted. We are able to look at the sky everyday and we don't think twice about it. And here is my mate, unable to see the green grass or the blue sky.

"Good morning, Landon." I say, grabbing an omelet and placing it on his plate.

"Thank you." As Landon and Blondie eat, I lean back in my chair and calmly relax, my hand remaining intertwined in his. "Leo is on his way home. Your brother is with him along with a girl named Jesse?" He arches an eyebrow. I feel my eyes widen and my mouth fall open in complete awe. Trent is coming? He's on his way to see me?!

"Yes. Yes, Jesse was my friend at the Cossitt Pack. She was an Omega with me. Trent's coming?! Can he stay?" My heart is racing as excitement overwhelms me. With my brother here, the ceremony will be a piece of cake. I am always capable of getting through anything with Trent by my side.

Landon nods his head, taking a drink of his orange juice. "Your family is always welcome, Lana. You don't need to ask." I grin and stand up, walking over to place a kiss to his left cheek.

"Thank you, Landon. It really means a lot to me." He gives my hand a squeeze before letting me go. I run back to my room, grabbing my dress and black wedges before I go to the bathroom. I run a hot shower and after cleansing myself, I blow dry my hair and fancy it up in the only way I know. A simple sideways french braid. I then apply light make up, deodorant and perfume.

By then, my body is fully dry and I pull on the black dress, looking in the mirror in shock. I don't mean to boast, but I have to admit I look good in this dress. It has the flattering style where it hugs you at your thinnest and flares out at your hips. The cut out on the side doesn't show too much skin which I am thankful for and the one shoulder is very flattering. It's both modest and sexy.

With the black wedges, I gain an extra three inches which lengthens my legs and makes them look skinnier. For the first time, I actually feel beautiful.

With a new found confidence, I head back to the kitchen where I find Landon dressed in track pants and a t-shirt. Why isn't he dressed?

When he senses me, he reaches out a hand and pulls me to the back yard. I follow him, watching as he quickly shifts to his wolf and looks up at me. I blush as I realize why he wasn't dressed yet. He wanted to see my outfit first and this was the only way that he could.

I squat down in front of his beautiful wolf, running my fingers along the scars on his snout, moving up to sink my hands in his fur. He lets out a low growl, burying his head in my chest. His warmth radiates off of him, consuming me. "I can't wait to be linked to you." Landon pulls back, offering me a slobbery kiss before he runs into the house, bounding up the stairs to change into his clothes.

As I stare after him, I know what I said was true. There is nothing I want more than to be linked with Landon, to be that much closer to him. All I want is for our relationship to grow and now is the perfect time for it to begin.