The Day of Black Sun Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Was that a new invention?" Sokka asks.

"Yes. But, unfortunately, the incendiary capabilities of peanut sauce proved to be a failure."

"You're making peanut-sauce bombs?" Sokka asks, incredulously.

"They're destructive." Pipsqueak says.

"And delicious." The Duke adds.

"And messy." Shuku grumbles. Momo flies over and licks peanut sauce off of his face and the former Freedom Fighters laugh.

"Were you able to complete work on the plans I sent you?" Sokka asks the old inventor.

"Yes I was!" the old man cheers, "And I think the fire nation will be quite surprised."

"Aang, my dad and I made this for you!" The boy in the wheelchair says, handing Aang a staff. The Air Nomad whips out a glider.

"Wow, a new glider! This is amazing!"

"And as a special feature, I added a snack compartment." The man with a total of one eyebrow counting both says before demonstrating.

"Oh. Well I'm sure that'll come in handy." Aang says.

The kid rolls up to you, "We haven't met. I'm Teo."

"Y/N." You reply, shaking his hand. "And Shuku! It's great to see you again!"

Shuku scratches Momo behind the ear. "It's good to see you too. You're less scary now."

"You've lost a couple pounds, good for you."

"Yeah." He slaps his gut, "Yeah it is."

"So where'd the warship go?"

"Oh... yeah... the Fire Nation sank it." Shuku laughs nervously. "Luckily we had allies nearby with old Water Tribe ships, how's the girlfriend?"

"Toph? She's good." You say, "Speaking of which, I should get back to her. It's good to see you again."

"You too."

You walk back the way you came and meet up with Toph who is separated from the group. "Hey, Darling. What's up?"

"Just too many people. It makes me nervous."

"I get it." You say, wrapping an arm around her. "I didn't know you were in the tournaments."

"I only did them the last three years. The Boulder went to Earth National Tournaments at the time, because they were more popular. I was a good champion."

"I'll bet you were the best." You reply, leaning your head on her's, "Are you happy to be back in your Earth Kingdom clothes?"

"You don't know the half of it." Toph chuckles. Soon, Shuku, you, Toph, Katara, Aang, Hakoda and Sokka are sitting in front of the anticipated crowd. Sokka is jittery.

"Don't worry. You'll do great." Sokka's father encourages.

"It's like sword fighting, Sokka. You've just gotta focus and keep your mind on the task." Sokka gulps and takes the stage, tripping immediately and dropping everything.

"Um... as you know, today we're invading the Fire Nation. I mean, I know you know that because otherwise why else would you be here?" He nervously laughs, "Anyway," He drops his stuff again and puts up some sort of picture, "The Firelord's palace is here." He points to it as if it were a map, then he realises it isn't before flipping through the papers, "Wait, no, uh..." He finds it, "It's here! And uh... there's an eclipse today! And Aang's going to fight the Firelord, and the firebenders won't have any fire to use, so that's good for us. And um... I'm sorry, let me start from the beginning. Katara and I found Aang frozen in an iceberg, now I didn't like Aang at first, but I grew to love him over time. Then we went to the Southern Air Temple, where Aang used to live, then we met Suki, who is a Kyoshi warrior..."