Chapter Sixteen ~ What Now?

Start from the beginning

"Did you sleep well?" She asked him carefully. Kristoff was surprised that cursed Anna even cared about that.

"Eh, sort of. I had a horrible dream, but at least I had some sleep." He answered. Anna sighed again.

"Never mind, why do I even try to be nice to you?" She said as she stood up. 

What could she possibly have made of that? 

"Anna, please stay. . ." He said, reaching his arm out to her, but that didn't go right into her mind either.

"I was leaving anyway!" She screamed as she walked away faster. Kristoff put his head in his hands and stared at his plate again. Why couldn't she just understand him? Why couldn't they have a normal conversation? He would give anything for just that. . . His thoughts were broken off by the door again. It were Rapunzel and Eugene.

"Hey Kristoff, you okay?" Eugene asked him. Kristoff looked up.

"I'm fine." He answered. Eugene and Rapunzel sat down at the table.

"We saw Anna in the hallway. Do you know what she was doing?" Rapunzel asked. Kristoff sighed.

"Running away from me."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Rapunzel said. Kristoff looked at her.

"It's okay. Have you seen Elsa anywhere this morning?"

"No, we haven't. I suppose you haven't either? Since you're asking." Eugene answered. 

Is she still not back with Hans?! Kristoff worried. She should've been back yesterday! Would she be in danger? 

The door opened again. It were Olaf and Varian.

"Good morning everyone." They said as Varian sat down next to Eugene and Olaf in front of Kristoff.

"Morning." The others replied. The staff came in through the other door, with all the food. They stalled everything on the table and left. There were croissants, pancakes, fruit salads and all sorts of sandwiches. They started to eat. After a while, Kai came in the room with Anna.

"I told you that I don't want to eat!" She yelled at him.

"I know, your majesty, but you need some food! You haven't eaten anything yesterday either, I don't want you to be hungry!" He said. Kristoff stood up and walked over to them.

"I'm not hungry!" Anna yelled.

"Kai, just let her be. If she doesn't want to eat, she doesn't want to eat." Kristoff said, trying to stop Kai from making cursed Anna angry. That's never a good thing.

"Yeah! Now, if you won't let me go, I'll fire you!" Anna yelled. Kai was shocked about what she said and let go of her arm. She immediately ran away. Kai looked at Kristoff with big eyes.

"She would never do that." Kristoff said, trying to make Kai feel a bit better.

"Well, she said it, and she's right. I should've listened to her. I just wanted to make sure she wouldn't starve!" He answered.

"I know you meant it well, and deep down she knows it too. She's just, been acting a bit different lately, it might be best to talk to her as little as possible. She hasn't been herself." Kristoff said. Of course, he wasn't going to tell Kai what had really been going on lately. He couldn't. Kai nodded.

"Okay, my dearest apologies to the queen." He said, bowed and walked away. Kristoff walked back to the table. He had eaten two pancakes and some fruit, so to be honest, he wasn't hungry anymore. He needed to know where Elsa and Hans were. Why weren't they back yet? He wouldn't care if Hans would've been eaten by wolves, but Elsa? She would be okay, right? Kristoff worried way too much. He stood up and excused himself to the guests and Olaf, with the lie he had to go to the bathroom, knowing that is the worst excuse someone 'royal' could use. He had learned from Anna that it doesn't matter if you really have to go during a dinner, you just can't. But, he just broke that rule. Not that their guests would mind. 

He walked through the hallways, down the stairs, through more hallways and down more stairs, until he arrived at the cells. He needed to know if Hans was in there, if Elsa had put him in there. He said hello to the guards and asked them to open it for him. He walked into the room. Well, Kristoff wouldn't call it a room, it was more of an. . . Abandoned tunnel. He walked past the cells and checked them all, but Hans was nowhere to be found. Kristoff walked over to the cell that Hans' brothers were in.

"Listen up, do you know everything your brother was planning?" He asked them. They laughed.

"No, he would never tell us everything. He's a stupid little. . ."

"Okay, you don't know everything. That's all I need to know." Kristoff said, stopping the brothers from whining about Hans.

"Have you talked to your wife yet? Has she told you how much she misses me? Oh, tell her if she wants to see me, she can always come down here." One of the brothers said. Kristoff groaned. He grabbed the bars of the cell aggressively and looked the brothers right in the eyes.

"If you think I'll let you speak about my wife, the queen, like that, you're totally wrong. If I find out you've hurt her in whatever way, you'll pay for that. You'll pay for everything." Kristoff said. The man laughed.

"She'll realize you're just a dork before that. You really think you're good enough for her? As if she's not using you for something." He said, and both of the brothers laughed. Kristoff knew this was a waste of time. They would keep insulting him and Anna, so he walked away. 

Is he really not good enough for Anna? He thought he was over that thought, but clearly he wasn't. Having her yell at him all the time doesn't really help for that thought to go away. And Elsa nor Hans were here. Where were they? What was Kristoff supposed to do now?