Chapter Six

Danny's POV

Today is Saturday, finally a break from school.

My parents only have today off of work, they couldn't be any happier. "Daniella? Uh. Why is there blood on your shirt?" My mother asked coming out of the laundry room with my shirt with Angelo's blood on it.

I spit tanked my orange juice and started coughing uncontrollably.

"...Uh? Um."

"I want the truth, Daniella"

I couldn't lie to her, she'll see right through me. Only the truth can set me free.

I took a deep breath "...Well, a new kid in my class got stabbed outside in the parking lot of the movie theater and I couldn't leave him to bleed out to death, So. Me and Luke took him here, I cleaned the wound and sew it up so it wouldn't get infected" I hung my head low.

I heard someone clapping, looking up it was my parents. They looked...happy and proud. "W-Wait...Your not mad at me?" I asked.

"Of course not, Danny. We're proud of you, honey. You saved a life, and you did surgery on them. You'll be a splendid surgeon when you grow up." My father said kissing my head.

Definitely not the reaction I was going for. I thought they'll be at least a tad bit upset with me for doing surgery on someone without there permission but I guess I was wrong.

"Did you take a picture of it?" father asked, I nodded my head and passed him my phone. Both my parents were whispering to each other, my parents never looked so proud of me before, mother was tiring up a little and also father.

"You did perfect for your first try. Great job, Daniella. Awe, are little surgeon is growing up so fast, she already had her first patient, Dave" my mother cried.

"Yes. Yes, she have, Annie"

"Wow, ok. Anyway, guess who's my new History teacher..."

They turned towards me "Derek. Derek Thomas" I said. Both there faces turned dark "Did he threatened you?" my mother said, I shook my head 'no'.

"He took me to the diner, that's all. He also apologized and wanted forgiveness. A Truce."

My parents doesn't like Derek, they despise him more than I do. Ever since they saw how he treated me, they never looked at him the same way.

"Don't believe him, that boy knows exactly how to manipulate someone with his looks and words" my mother said. Father left and came back with his shot gun in his hand, here we go again. Last time he brought that gun out was when I told him I had a crush on Luke before I knew he was gay, he scared the hell out of Luke that day.

Quickly I ran behind him "Dad, where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm just going to talk with him"

"Dad, No."

"Let me just have a talk with him, I won't shoot him 'accidentally'. I just want to talk, that's all." he smiled, putting the bullets in.

"Mom. Stop him-" I turned around, my mother was sharpening her kitchen knife while smiling evilly.

Oh my goodness, my parents are going to kill Derek... They could be professional murders and never told me...

"Guys, please don't do this. If you love me, you won't do this" I said. They both stopped, looked at me and smiled. "Maybe another time, Sweetheart" My dad said sitting down at the table.

"Yea. Next time" My mom said also taking a seat at the table. "You guys are ridiculous..." I smiled, we finished are breakfast.

"So, are you headed to class today, Daniella?" Mother asked.