Her eyes scanned the gloomy room and she felt like she was being watched. Rubbing her face with her hands, she rested for a long moment. Her hands rested on her lap as she tried to get out of her own head. The sheets were soft underneath her touch and she really should have been comforted by the warmth they gave but she wasn't.

So, she pushed them back and stood up. The exhaustion seemed to hit her like a truck then but she ignored it. She wasn't going to sleep no matter what she tried so a caf seemed to be in order. With quiet footsteps (assisted by the rugged floor) she managed to get out of the room with little to no sound.

Just because she couldn't sleep didn't mean that she was going to stop Jax from sleeping. So, she closed the door quickly and switched the lights on in the main room. Her eyes glazed over every nook and cranny as she walked towards the kitchenette. Her anxiety was still on high alert which probably would only be exacerbated by the caffeine but she didn't really think that far ahead.

Staying awake was her main priority at that moment. If she fell asleep, the nightmares would come and there was risk of something happening to her in her sleep. With Jax asleep too, anything could happen and that's not what she wanted. She wanted to be safe and protected. Not afraid. But the fear wasn't going to disappear, she just had to work through it.

Once she made her caf, she sat on the armchair and stared off at the walls. Her legs pulled up to her chest as she sank too deep into the soft cushions. She felt like she was being swallowed but where that feeling had once given her comfort, it now made her feel even more vulnerable. She wouldn't be able to escape quickly.

As the morning sun slowly began to rise and the rays shone through the windows, Phoenix was nearly done with her caf. The sun shone on her face and warmed her up just a little bit as she stayed curled up. Her eyes glanced at the holo-clock and it read that it was only about half 5. That was the good thing about the Coruscant summers. The sun rose early in the morning. Phoenix had always liked that even if most of the time she detested getting up early in the morning.

Taking the last sip of caf, Phoenix got up. The mug was discarded on the counter and she walked back to the bedroom. Trying her best not to disturb her sleeping fiance as she crawled back into bed. After the night of terror, she felt better. The memories didn't feel as terrifying now that the sun was up so she wanted to be close to Jax. Just for the comfort of having him there. Her body shuffling under the covers before she snuggled up to his back. Her arms wrapped around his chest as she rested her head between his shoulder blades.

She could feel the soft rise and fall of his chest and the irregular movements that showed he was slowly beginning to wake up. Phoenix thought that was her fault but she had quickly come to realise in their courtship that he simply rose early in the morning. He practically rose with the sun which was probably a good thing today. It would mean that Phoenix wasn't so alone and could enjoy his company before the day truly began. The city was slowly coming alive outside the window but it was nowhere near as alive as it was during the late hours of the night.

Everything seemed serene and then she felt Jax move onto his front and she was quick to shuffle back and allow him more space. Her smile widening as she looked up at him. His red hair was just slightly more messy than usually and his freckled cheeks were pulled up into a small sleepy smile.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked, his voice raspy and low due to the fatigue that still plagued him. Phoenix shrugged in response. Her hand rested under her head as she admired him. Her other hand rested on the pillow. Jax then fully rolled onto his side so he was facing her. His brown eyes searching hers and he was quick to notice the dark bags under her eyes, a clear sign that she hadn't been sleeping at all, "You really should go home," He said as he looked at her. The seriousness was evident in his features. Phoenix merely shook her head in response. A soft sigh escaped her lips.