Chapter 12: Big Deal

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Nothing was like waking up from two beings loving up in your head. My night wasn't the same. I barley had the time to fall back asleep. I had to talk with Iris more about this, but I didn't want her to die. I just got her, ill be damned if I have to give her up. Getting up to change I moved through the house, it was quieter more than usual. Weird. Moving towards the kitchen I found my mother and father sitting with Aj and Abe talking over a huge breakfast. 

"Well look what the cat dragged in!" Aj spoke with a huge smile on her face, she was hiding something from me. 

I squinted my eyes at her. "What do you want or hiding from me?" 

She laughed. "That little brother you will never find out...well maybe soon." 

"She has a picture of you and Iris getting steamy in your office and is planning on sending it to everyone." Abe spoke his head in his phone. 

"You little brat!" Aj hissed getting up to slap him. 

"April-June, you know not to hit your brother at the table!" Father spoke. 

"But daddy!" She said sitting back in her chair. 

"No April, you are an adult now! Isn't time to move out and live in the real world. I cannot protect you forever!" 

That silenced the table. Dad was standing up to April. He probably is taking the king transition to father seriously. Mother smiled very sheepishly, she was probably proud. I took my seat next to mom and grabbed a plate full of sausage and bacon. 

"So honey, how does it feel to be King now?" Mother spoke 

I huffed. "Not sure yet." 

Dad chuckled. "It will be an adjustment period for sure. But you are up for the task my son. I didn't train you to fail. We will be here every step of the way until you are stable and still without us." 

"I have a lot of shoes to fill." 

Everyone chuckled. "You are my son, you will have no troubles!" 

**

I had troubles. The moment I walked into my office, stack full of paperwork, invitations to countries I didn't know existed, more information about the rogues issues and so much more I didn't think I could handle. For hours I was with Sammie, Daniel and my father discussing finances, housing, food access, re-writing or removing laws, degrading status, and so much more. My head was pounding and I missed Iris. I had tried our telepath but it wasn't working and I think it was because of Xenia. 

By the time I left the office, I stayed outside walking around the garden. I ventured out towards the patio, I leaned on the railing and stared out into the lake. My head was swarming with thoughts, emotions and feelings. Lost in thought I didn't feel the person next to me. Turning my head I saw Sammie, her hands in her pockets and her looking out into the distance the same way I was. She was thinking, I could see it behind her eyes. 

"When we were kids, I never had a thought about what we would be like as adults." She quietly spoke. "I always thought we would just be kids playing in the garden, swimming in this lake, just having fun. I remember the first time Daniel tried to swim and we dunked him under. Little did we know we almost committed murder." 

I laughed. "Partly his fault he was with us in a lake, unsupervised." 

She chuckled. "I had loved you guys as my older brothers for so long. I have my younger siblings, but you guys were always my family, my go to guys. I never felt in the background, never felt alone. With you I always felt home." 

"Sammie I-" 

"Please Will let me just say this." I closed my mouth and listened. "I never wanted to have these feelings, but I did. I am parietal human, my wolf always has loved you like a brother but myself I developed feelings because you have always seen me as me. You have always seen my potential, my feelings, who I am and what I want to be." She wiped away a tear. "I do love you, but seeing you with Iris, I see how happy you are with her. You've always talked about how you wanted a mate and what you would do with one and now you have her. I wanted it to me, but I know I never was. You're my family Will and I dont want to lose you."