You and I

You were both standing on his porch, you had to go back home. You were only giving him a ride after the party because he had drank too much. Departing Katsuki was always a pain but even moreso today. Because unlike other nights, you wouldn't see each other in the morning for class. You both had been awarded your highschool diplomas, as well as your permanent hero licenses. From here on out your two were official. So why did it hurt so bad. You would surely see him again, most likely within the next few days. You'd call and text each other all the time. Why was it all so bittersweet.

You weren't sure.

But even so you smiled, hugged, and kissed him goodbye before walking back to your car. Starting the ignition and taking a deep breath. You pulled off and made your way over to your apartment. Your stomach shook when you realized the distance you had to travel. You and Bakugo were on near opposite sides of town. About 80 minutes away, even more if there's traffic. The entire reason you both chose to find places near work was to make commute to work easier. But what about the commute to each other? This question pained you for awhile, but time continued to push on. You and Katsuki both climbed up the hero charts in no time. As your popularity grew you were granted your own comic books and merchandise.

Not only were your hero endeavors making a fast spark, but your work in the community and Bakugo's agency began to blossom into beautiful creations. In only 2 years you were able to cut back crime over 93%. You built a correctional facility rather than a jail. This place was not for reprimand or dehumanization. It was made for reform and development. You were able to get long time criminal's jobs. Help them into sustainable careers and lifetime homes. You built homeless shelters and free kitchens for those who had nowhere to stay or no food to eat. You began the process of removing toxic routines and mentally draining practices out of schools and workplaces. Planting trees, cleaning parks, building playgrounds. Not only to sustain the environment but to give local youth a safe place to be creative, rather than sitting inside all day, or involving themselves in violence. What was once an unlivable, dangerous town that no one would dare step foot in had become one of the safest, cleanest, enjoyable cities there were.

The project helped you make longterm partnerships and connections throughout Japan, and those connections is what created the roots of Bakugo's agency. He had spent the first year mapping out blueprints and building his empire from the ground up. 72 floors, hundreds of offices, an underground information's department that can transport documents from his own agency to every other major agency in Japan, as well as getting them back to him. Bakugo was quite the business man. Your project allowed you to pour out your soul into the community but Bakugo was cut throat and smart. He made himself a necessity by placing his agency in the center of every major company and facility. He was next to every major factory in the country. The corporate facilities that ran every chain grocery store, every fast food restaurant, every school, every hospital, every police force, He had built his agency in the one place that made it a necessity simply for existing. The state capitol.

A bold decision on his behalf but a smart one indeed, he was in walking distance of everyone important, therefore making himself important by association. When his agency was done being built then came the struggle of getting endorsement, cases, and overall a worldwide status. But you being his girlfriend and the woman that singlehandedly did a full 360 on the most dangerous city, it wasn't too hard to be recognized. The state was pleased to see such a change in such a short amount of time, the reformation of the city was huge in getting more people over. With more people in the city the more money the city makes, the better the economic status. Bottom line your work had caught the eye of many elected officials. That alone was able to get Katsuki assigned his own combat team, governmental trust, and domination over the surrounding agencies. The last thing on the list was to get people to work for him.