Know Your Own

It had only been three days and you were itching with curiosity. Everything in your body ached to know everything behind that conversation. You had done your own research on that Banjo guy Bakugo had spoken about. There was seemingly nothing special about him, simply a hero that died in the line of work. He did have the quirk 'Black Whip'. You'd only seen Midoriya use it once or twice, and it was pretty out of control. At first you assumed He and Izuku were related somehow. But then small articles began to pop up about multi quirk users. Banjo was one of them.

It took you down a long road full of confusing details, but the one thing you were able to understand was that there was some form of manipulation being used. It seemed every generation a new hero appeared with a combination of another quirk and their own. Each quirk would be added to this 'combination' list and transferred down one to another. It was the only possible reason. There was no other possible explanation.

"You hadn't been able to find many names, only quirks. So you began calling them mutants. Since they all has seemingly mutated their own quirks into another. At first you believed that the quirks were being stolen, and redistributed... but it was happening too frequently for that to be the case. The first mutant had to have had a translation quirk, that allowed him to pass down power. When the next mutant got it, his own quirk intertwined with the translator's quirk, then was passed down and the process was repeated. It continued to repeat itself until it made a virtually unbeatable quirk, that is truly just a large stockpile of several others.

The only person you know capable of harnessing that power is... All Might. Therefore he must be the current Mutant. With the puzzle pieces connecting, everything else fell into place. All Might said the next quirk Midoriya would get was 'float' meaning he is stockpiling quirks. Which can only mean, Midoriya was the inheritor of the mutant quirk. There was only one thing lingering in your mind.

What the fuck does Katsuki have to do with this?

~

"Hey babe you good?" Bakugo asks tapping your shoulder. You nod and turn back around in your desk. Class goes by fairly quickly, Bakugo pulls you aside as the class period switches. "If anything is bothering you...l mean you can always just ask, or talk." Bakugo says. "Yea, I know. Nothing's bothering me though." You say. Truthfully that itch of wanting to know had faded. You were sure you knew everything. The only thing still in question was why Bakugo was he involved. Was he just being nosy... or was he runner up for the mutant quirk. If Midoriya gets hurt... or worse. Will Bakugo be the one to take his burden?

"I actually do want to talk to you about something." You say. Bakugo looks at you intently. "I'd rather do it in a more private setting, come find me after classes." You say, walking off. And Katsuki does just that. Later on he found you sitting in the laundry room, waiting for clothes to dry. "Hey." He says stiffly. "Hey, Hey." You respond, sitting your phone down next to you. "You said you had a question?" He asks, most likely prepared to bring you to All Might.

"Yea, why don't you like Midoriya? Aren't you two childhood friends?" You ask. He seemed to be wildly caught off guard by your question. "I mean you've known Izuku the same amount of time I'd know Reira, and Mina. And those are my ride or die girls. I don't understand how he's not your homeboy." You say. "Cause, we just grew apart." Bakugo says. "Thats a lie." You say. "Ahh?" He exclaims. "You love 'Zuku like a brother. I can tell. You would take a bullet for him, you would fix his mistakes, you would do anything to make sure he was cared for, like blood. And he would do the same for you. So why don't you act like it?" You ask.

"I don't know. Why are you so concerned anyway?" Bakugo asks. "You asked me to tell you what had been on my mind, I told you." You say. "Well why the hell was that on your mind?" He asks. "I guess I just hate regrets. I thought I hated confusion. But the one thing I hate more than being lost, is regretting being found." You say as the dryer beeps and you pull your clothes into a basket. "Imma go fold these. You can come into my room to sleep later... if you want." You say.